Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

Did he touch the ball in the box yesterday? Not sure he did! 

For sure, he is being carried by this team. I think his price tag will mean that he gets longer to prove himself, but I’d play Davis next week. I know Davis isn’t much of a goal scorer, but he can hold the ball up, which means our midfield have an extra option. 

Edited by Pimlico_Villa
  • Like 3

We aren't playing to his strengths and the ball is never to him. We need to play the ball to his feet so he can link up play. As it stands we hoof the ball and defenders are already in a much better position so he has to fight to get in front of them and the ball pings straight off him because he isn't a good position to receive it with his feet or head.

He definitely needs to be more aggressive but he has gone fewer times the last few games. Obviously the 9ne where he got clattered but there were 2 others. He needs to get up straight away if he doesn't win a free kick and go straight after the ball again. 

In an ideal world he would have been signed and loaned out to either the champ, his old club or another physical league.  To develop.

Cos he is so not ready for permiership football on any level physical or mental. Obviously he's had a couple of tap ins some would point to this and say there is a  morsel  of raw ability in there however for 22m you expect the a machine that works. 

But as he's the only option we have so we are well and truely in the brown stuff.

This could easily end up like Steven Givarch situation at newcastle united.

Heads should roll for this disgracful debacle! Jesus should come out and accept full responsibility.

He will have to go cap in hand to the american and egyption and ask for 30m in dec a striker who can win the ball in the air.

Andy Carroll on a free would have been a better option. Everytime we go long we surrender posession. And sometimes you have to knock it long.

1 minute ago, screwdriver said:

In an ideal world he would have been signed and loaned out to either the champ, his old club or another physical league.  To develop.

Cos he is so not ready for permiership football on any level physical or mental. Obviously he's had a couple of tap ins some would point to this and say there is a  morsel  of raw ability in there however for 22m you expect the a machine that works. 

But as he's the only option we have so we are well and truely in the brown stuff.

Heads should roll for this disgracful debacle! Jesus should come out and accept full responsibility.

He will have to go cap in hand to the american and egyption and ask for 30m in dec a striker who can win the ball in the air.

Andy Carroll on a free would have been a better option. Everytime we go long we surrender posession. And sometimes you have to knock it long.

Everytime we knock it long it goes no where near wesley. It isn't his fault we can't find him. 

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Abject performance that was no where near the required standard and frankly unacceptable. We're a mess up front.

Needs to adapt and grow into the Premier League.

That being said, not while we are fighting for survival, he can do that from the bench or on his own time!

Perhaps the kick up the arse of being dropped is what he needs.

Start Davis to run defenses ragged, bring on a fresh Wes if needed.

Perhaps he will play harder knowing he has to prove something!

I have faith in Deano and his scouting system, there is no way this lad has nothing, but currently he ain't pulling his weight at all!

We have had players here in the past who have literally taken a FULL season to come good.

• Like 1

Looks like the cheque book may need to come out in Jan to find a temporary fix for this problem.

Unless our coaching staff can miraculously bring about a change in his whole approach to the game in about 5 days.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Everytime we knock it long it goes no where near wesley. It isn't his fault we can't find him. 

there were plenty of ariel duels he should have won.  Do you expect neil taylor to knock it 60 years into his stride? thats never going to happen is it.. Its wesleys job to get across and compete for the ball. He didnt do this.

he was up against ben me and tarkoski...... hardly virgil van dyke level.

he has no knowledge of the dark arts of english football....backing in, little nudge here, shirt pull there, the McGinn - using arse to create room, sharpening his finger nail to use as a shank on touch tight defenders. Does this guy speak english? how highly does he rate at "the verbals" whats his on pitch bantz like?   zero.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, screwdriver said:

there were plenty of ariel duels he should have won.  Do you expect neil taylor to knock it 60 years into his stride? thats never going to happen is it.. Its wesleys job to get across and compete for the ball. He didnt do this.

he was up against ben me and tarkoski...... hardly virgil van dyke level.

he has no knowledge of the dark arts of english football....backing in, little nudge here, shirt pull there, the McGinn - using arse to create room, sharpening his finger nail to use as a shank on touch tight defenders. Does this guy speak english? how highly does he rate at "the verbals" whats his on pitch bantz like?   zero.

I thought Tarkowski in particular was excellent, I’m a big fan of his

24 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Not really true, we aren't giving him quality service but there are plenty of balls in and around him. He doesn't challenge, he doesn't head the ball, he doesn't even try, it was pitiful and he hung us out to dry to be honest with his lack of true effort. You do a job for the team no matter what, and is fooling nobody with his 'look how hard I am running chasing down the keeper'

I hope Mings kicks him up in there this week in training tbfh.

He has no anticipation, is always on his heels and takes that killer second too long to react to everything.

When Jimmy is fit I would tell him he is starting the next half a dozen games and it is his shirt to lose.

Edited by rodders0223

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Looks like the cheque book may need to come out in Jan to find a temporary fix for this problem.

Unless our coaching staff can miraculously bring about a change in his whole approach to the game in about 5 days.

Or hopefully the actual GOOD Kodjia could come back, "be like a new signing".

When he is on form he has the mobility and finishing prowess to interchange with all our forwards and cause chaos.

Either that OR, he could attempt to beat 10 players, ignoring a team mate open on goal due to the good work he just did and sky wild shots.

Norwich have conceded at least two goals in every game this season except against Newcastle, when they conceded one. If Wesley can't discomfit their frankly pants defence, then I'll be ready to join in with the calls to drop him and play Kodjia or Davis instead. It's both a big opportunity and a big challenge next week.

I'd play Davis next game.

Wesley just isn't up to it atm. He needs to get his head right and man up.

Bildresultat för wesley moraes

Someone built like this should not allow himself to be out muscled so easily time and time again.

Edited by sne

He was a one goal in three games player for his former  clubs in a far weaker league. He’s continued that trait here in the best league in the world. I don’t think it’s so much his goals ratio, it’s his overall play where he looks a dud. I’m yet to be impressed by him. I had to miss the Everton game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

I’m pretty sure you’re just trolling with a lot the language you’re using, but for the sake of argument are you really referring to his goal against Everton as a “tap in”?

I’m not talking about his general ability or performance here, I just want to understand if you really think that can in any way be described as a tap in.

Edited by Adam2003
  • Haha 1

Â