Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

No way was he knocked out btw. He was back on his feet pretty sharpish, the docs were satisfied and he was totally fine. He was hit in the face with a ball for crying out loud. We’ve all been there. He’s just a prima Donna (which hilariously autocorrected to primark Donna which is probably more accurate).

edit: realised it said prime Donna. I think prime Donna and primark Donna are two ends of a spectrum I don’t want to be a part of. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

No way was he knocked out btw. He was back on his feet pretty sharpish, the docs were satisfied and he was totally fine. He was hit in the face with a ball for crying out loud. We’ve all been there. He’s just a prime Donna (which hilariously autocorrected to primark Donna which is probably more accurate).

You get knocked out nowadays you are going off. Mings was having none of it pulling him up by his shirt and nobody looked concerned. He is an embarrassment.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I really dont think we play him in enough. Tactics we play dont make him the target man. To me, we are always looking to score from midfield.

Benteke looks shite in that Palace team, they certainly dont play to his strengths, with us almost everything went through him.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I really dont think we play him in enough. Tactics we play dont make him the target man. To me, we are always looking to score from midfield.

Benteke looks shite in that Palace team, they certainly dont play to his strengths, with us almost everything went through him.

I don’t buy this. It seems every striker we ever buy “doesn’t fit our system”. This system works for him if he actually put in some effort (although tbf the times he has he’s either fluffed it or fallen over).

I’m conscious that it sounds like I’m scapegoating this man but I’m not. Our whole team needs to improve and learn to actually hold onto a win and also our tactics when we are up are questionable. BUT I do actually seriously dislike this guy. He’s awful and he’s just embarrassing to watch. He’s hardly the big beast we thought he’d be. Hogan is stronger ffs. 

30 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He pretended to be knocked out for some reason. 

We lost the ball in a good area because of it.

Wish he'd have gone off at that point.

when he was knock out, and we were in good attacking position could get more chance goal, and ref order us to give away to throw in - due head injuryed.

that restart ref order villa to give goal kick. it is not right thing to do, we could restart in advanced area could to bond to happen to goal.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84

32 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He pretended to be knocked out for some reason. 

We lost the ball in a good area because of it.

Wish he'd have gone off at that point.

when he was knock out, and we were in good attacking position could get more chance goal, and ref order us to give away to throw in - due head injury.

that restart ref order to give burnley goalkeeper to restart when should be throw in our side.

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 1

He looks pretty poor at times. I feel there is a decent player in there but a bit disappointed. However, his theatrics is far worse IMO. Really negative thing for me and warrants some bench time. Also shockingly bad at winning the ball at times. Simply put, not the player we need right now

What's a bit strange and to be perfectly honest I struggle to fathom, is why we don't play Davis more. Especially as a sub. 

Davis isn't a big goalscorer, fair enough. But neither is Wesley. What our tactic involves is to 1) use our targetman to bring the team out under pressure 2) bring the midfield into play when attacking. I'd argue Davis and his hold-up play can do a very good job at this. And hopefully give Wesley a kick up the arse. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I remember a big physical striker who arrived in England with a big price tag and was slaughtered for his theatrics and not scoring enough in his 1st season 

Wonder what ever happened to that Drogba guy

Wesley is not nor ever will be a Drogba . 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I remember a big physical striker who arrived in England with a big price tag and was slaughtered for his theatrics and not scoring enough in his 1st season 

Wonder what ever happened to that Drogba guy

And did his performance match Wes?

Wesley isn't impressing (he's bloody awful in the air, and barely tried to win anything in the air at times today), but I'm also of the opinion that we aren't using him very well. The way we play isn't bringing him into the game.

There's still clearly issues with him himself - he has the South American theatrics, which is all the more stupid when other times we know he can hold off 2 players without breaking a sweat, he's petulant and sour, and there's more than a few times he appears very lazy. But equally he has a some skill imo, he has decent feet and has played some crisp passes out to the wing a few times already

He's clearly a work in progress still. He's still quite young, and he's being tasked with a big step up from a league where most weeks he's able to be a flat track bully in a strong side to a league were he's matched physically every game and in a team that will struggle. And we don't seem to get the ball to him much, we are expecting him to get in to long balls and crosses when he seems happier with balls to feet. He definitely needs to improve, and suspect just getting used to the league will help there, but it's not all him. We need to make the most of the talent he has, or we're going to have to wait a long time for him to turn into a old fashioned big man up front.

Â