Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

29 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok. Let’s stick with the striker who’s only trait is holding the ball up (but is actually really, really bad at it) over the striker who is actually really, really good at it.

He’s scored no more goals than what Davis would have done. And even if he has, as a team, we’d have scored more.

Wesleys is absolute garbage. He’ll cost Smith his job if he isn’t careful. 

Davis has 2 league goals in 40 games in a lower league playing in one of the best teams in that division. I like Davis but he is getting a bit of Reo Coker syndrome here that he will come in and back in goals 

• Like 2

He’s clearly a unit but he doesn’t really know how to use his power against defenders who are of a far far higher quality than he’s faced before. With regular games he will undoubtedly get better and if he keeps chipping in with the odd goal you’d imagine he’ll get that. 

Very little to choose between him and Davis at the moment. If anything I’d say Davis brings us a bit more to his overall game. Don’t think anyone is putting their quids on either to get a goal though which is a worry. We are pretty much carrying him at the moment. 

3 hours ago, villanmac said:

The performances of Wesley are actually the one that gives me hope for the rest of the season.

If we can be 'in' games with him upfront as a human mannequin doing **** all then we might actually be a decent prem team. 

:lol: He's doing an OK job as a placeholder until we buy an actual footballer with the requisite attributes of an striker in January.

The very fact he’s top of this messaging forum and hasn’t scored today tells you everything if you didn’t go to the game; he’s poor and needs dropping. He’s costing us points and whilst I don’t think Keinan (or Kodjia) are better, Wesley needs to know he isn’t for a guaranteed starting place in this team. He was woeful today. Spends too long playing the man not the ball, is powder puff up top and his ineffectiveness causes other players to overcompensate on his behalf. 

No harm in trying Davies instead. He’s more hungry and can’t do much worse. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Has  took his goals well previously and he obviously has some ability. But he needs to do a lot better than he has today. A foul was given against him early on for backing in (looked harsh). After that he seemed to not try, it was like he thought “what’s the point a foul will go against me anyway”. You just can’t do that, needs to work for the team, needs to use his body, needs to try to head the ball. Come on Wes!

he really looked lacking in confidence today, he seems to expect to get fouls all the time and sulks when he doesn't or when he gets out muscled easily, he definitely stopped trying in the second half. He needs a kick up the ass.

I can handle a new striker needing time to adapt to a new league and the premier league. That's fine. Hell it's not like the rest of the team are flawless.

What I can't handle is playacting. What I can't handle it going down like you've been shot holding your face when you get hit in the upper body. Just pathetic. 

I've been defending him up to this point, and I think 2 goals so far is a fair return, even if his performances have been shit. But I can't defend this guy anymore. Embarrassing doesn't cover it. 

Frustrating but there is definitely a good striker in there. Obviously a confidence player. Happy for him to keep playing as with more game time he will hopefully get better and more confident but Dean really needs to take him off a lot earlier if he performs again like he did today and the coaches really need to tell him to cut out the play acting bollocks.

Edited by Ingram85

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Wet yogurt is very accurate.

Has to be dropped for Norwich trip. A pathetic, limp performance.

Letting the whole team down. Wins absolutely nothing. Literally like having no one up front.

If he was a youth player who had just appeared I'd be saying he's got no chance of making it as a Premier League player.

For the McGinn disallowed goal it was right to him and he missed it 4 yards out.

I thought he cleverly left it for McGinn on first viewing. In lieu of how his performance panned out I might have to revisit that.

21 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I can handle a new striker needing time to adapt to a new league and the premier league. That's fine. Hell it's not like the rest of the team are flawless.

What I can't handle is playacting. What I can't handle it going down like you've been shot holding your face when you get hit in the upper body. Just pathetic. 

I've been defending him up to this point, and I think 2 goals so far is a fair return, even if his performances have been shit. But I can't defend this guy anymore. Embarrassing doesn't cover it. 

He wasn't hit by the player in his face, but by the ball. It knocked him out for about a minute too.

1 hour ago, andym said:

Both of our goals he was nowhere near getting into position to finish himself, and its not like he was making a good decoy run either

He was in a brilliant position to finish the offside goal though. He just totally missed the ball allowing McGinn to sweep home the easiest of chances he'd inexplicably missed. 

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I guess it's up to stay you want to believe. His teammates thought he was knocked out though.

Well, if he was actually knocked out i highly highly doubt they would have let him back on the pitch, so I would guess he was play acting or throwing some form of strop.

Edited by MaVilla

Â