Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

I’m not happy with his performances at the moment, but both his goals were beautifully taken. So clearly he has something about him.

it’s his general demeanour and this ridiculous self pity and lying on the floor when the rest of the team are busting a gut to try to get the ball back which has got me really annoyed.

Especially when 90% of the time he HASN’T been fouled.
Rolling around for 3 minutes when you’ve barely been touched, or sitting on your knees moaning at the ref will NOT get you what you want.  You’d think he’d have learnt that by now.  You’re not doing yourself or your team mates any favours.

Grow the **** up.

If you need to know how to deal with being fouled, just take a look at McGinn.

• Like 2

On 25/09/2019 at 20:31, zab6359 said:

Just re-watched the Arsenal game for the 3rd time totally f***ing absent did nothing other than poke a sitter in!!  2 in 6 is actually not a bad return on paper but not contributing at all. 

just re-watched the Burnley game and guess what.............

great prospect but think it may take a season for him to get up to speed, Davies deserves a start.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He pretended to be knocked out for some reason. 

We lost the ball in a good area because of it.

Wish he'd have gone off at that point.

That was my thought when I saw it. It was one of those puzzling things that you sort of convince yourself you must be mistaken in your first reaction because it was such a weird, pointless, childish thing for him to do.

However, none of it seemed right and I say that as someone who has seen, at very close quarters, someone get into a shoving match, take a glancing swing from the other guy and go down like a tree before pretending to be unconscious because he didn't fancy it. :lol:

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Either that OR, he could attempt to beat 10 players, ignoring a team mate open on goal due to the good work he just did and sky wild shots.

Right now that would be an improvement on Wesley...if nothing else because that would be 1 more shot than Wesley had yesterday.

His uselessness is actually giving me confidence for this season. We've been in every game we've played and unlucky not to have more points...and with effectively 10 men. Imagine what we do once we get a decent striker in

On 22/09/2019 at 19:01, villanmac said:

The thing about Wesley is bar the Everton game not once does he force himself in front of a defender to get a pass that maybe he wasn’t favourite to get, but he does get it...holds it/wins a foul/a corner or whatever. Hard to describe it, but I think we all know the kind of centre forward play I’m on about and it releases pressure on the team/stunts the flow of the opposition.

I get the point about the shit service but a centre forward for a relegation battling team has to do that imo. He just doesn’t seem versed in those dark arts at all. 

you are not wrong......but Burnley had 3 ratters, in woods ,Barnes and Rodriguez all battle hardened in roughing up opponents.....Wes needs some help with this.

Defenders should be scared of him.  He's huge and comes across as a mean bastard, until you've played 10 minutes against him.  I'm pretty sure it's between the ears that is the problem, someone needs to convince him he's got everything but he needs to bully rather than go down at every opportunity.  You'd hope JT or Mings would have the kind of personality to wind him up enough in training to get Wes to understand what we want from him.  I just hope it clicks somehow soon.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's weird because he's built like a brick shithouse. He's the same height as Benteke but he has at least 10 kilos of muscle on him according to their reported weights, yet Big Chris in his time with us would absolutely destroy defenders. I think Trezeguet handles defenders better than Wesley.

He's also the same height as Keinan Davis but has like 25 kg on him (no joke), but their hold up play is light-years apart. He needs to get back to that Everton performance when he bullied Keane and Mina. We know he has it in him. Pull you finger out Wes. Stop **** around.

He appears to be more built for 'show' rather than 'go'. Walker-Pieters who is a comparative midget fragged him off the ball when we played Spurs and that was instantly a big red flag. He doesn't at this stage know how to use his strength and some of this might be underpinned by a balance issue.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Spends more time trying to get opposition players booked than trying to score goals.

I think that is merely frustration.....and the physical aspect he is finding tricky on his own.....he is 22

Them 3 thugs they had are hardened pro's used to this league and used to how to take advantage of younger players.....its like 3 college boys trying to take on 3 ex cons.

I think there is a good player in there.......but when support is 2 wingers who are fliting in and out of the game and no physical support.......I think that is harsh.

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He appears to be more built for 'show' rather than 'go'. Walker-Pieters who is a comparative midget fragged him off the ball when we played Spurs and that was instantly a big red flag. He doesn't at this stage know how to use his strength and some of this might be underpinned by a balance issue.

Fragged :lol:

Great word

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thug said:

I’m not happy with his performances at the moment, but both his goals were beautifully taken. So clearly he has something about him.

it’s his general demeanour and this ridiculous self pity and lying on the floor when the rest of the team are busting a gut to try to get the ball back which has got me really annoyed.

Especially when 90% of the time he HASN’T been fouled.
Rolling around for 3 minutes when you’ve barely been touched, or sitting on your knees moaning at the ref will NOT get you what you want.  You’d think he’d have learnt that by now.  You’re not doing yourself or your team mates any favours.

Grow the **** up.

If you need to know how to deal with being fouled, just take a look at McGinn.

Graeham Souness summed it up talking about Newcastle......He said the players have to grow some.

I could aim that at some of ours.....but equally the manager has to double up in certain areas, until we get better players in......Like DM

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think there is a good player in there.......but when support is 2 wingers who are fliting in and out of the game and no physical support.......I think that is harsh.

Exactly why we need someone better.

Remember Benteke TRO? Remember how he time and time again managed to create chances for himself out of nothing?

We could to with that right now. Kodjia got more of a potential to do that than Wesley.

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Good shout. There's something wrong there. He doesn't seem to know how to keep his balance against superior PL defenders. He might need retraining from the physio team and others because he has the raw attributes to just kill defenders. He just doesn't seem to know to use them. He's pretty fast too, but is slow out of the blocks.

That's just a couple of things I've noticed as a layman watching on TV, so I'm sure the staff at BH will have caught these things and more too. I'm ready to give him time to acclimatize, but it's pretty disappointing so far. Was hoping he'd be a bit more like Sebastian Haller by this point.

• Like 1

I wish we hadn't signed Konsa and Luiz, and saved the 25-30m for another striker. Wesley will come good, I think, but right now he's not there yet.

As someone said, we're a Tammy Abraham away from being a mid-table side.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Exactly why we need someone better.

Remember Benteke TRO? Remember how he time and time again managed to create chances for himself out of nothing?

We could to with that right now. Kodjia got more of a potential to do that than Wesley.

I have very mixed thoughts on Benteke....It was his moment, he had  Weimann with a style of alacrity ,buzzing around feeding him and creating all the fuss and confusion for the opposition.....out of nothing, not sure I remember that, maybe an odd moment.

I remember Dwight Yorke doing that and the phenomenal runs of David Platt......maybe the 3 wins in a season has tarnished my memory and the capitulation in the cup against Arsenal has dampened it too.

Klopp dumped him for his lack of movement and since he has convinced no one.....maybe a Hogan Scenario....one hit wonder.

Wes is not doing it, Granted.....he is like most of our players, have their moments......Only Jack and John are the ones consistently working( probing) to pre-occupy the opposition......its simply not enough.

Up front Pace and Movement is crucial.....but players have to find you and you have to be on the move to avoid being relieved of the ball (otherwise you become a static target, which Wes is right now.).........i.e Vardy

I still think 2 wingers is fanciful, right now......in the future who knows.

Edited by TRO

23 minutes ago, Enda said:

I wish we hadn't signed Konsa and Luiz, and saved the 25-30m for another striker. Wesley will come good, I think, but right now he's not there yet.

If you think goal scoring is our main problem?

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, Enda said:

You say that now. We are just a CB or CM injury away from those two becoming essential. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think that is a fair comment.....but that can be getting used a far more physical league.....and having few around to help with that aspect.

I think Right now ,Keinan seems to be better equipped to deal with that aspect of the game.....whether he is better than Wes long term and in all aspects, I am unsure.

Â