Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

I'm fed up to play him week by week when I always say get Davis in for him until he build his confidence and offer threat, and better running to ball when cross for head level, about 4 chance crossing he and he is not in threat area to chance header in.. he back off or mis-timed, or refused to running he rather play to his feet when i often point it out.. we need stop cross to head to him so direct to his feet and magic will go on.. but he often too deep when he got free space but we need him to running riots in box 25 yards but he often wait for ball to his feet rather running dart to space as he did Everton. 

I been describe about his playing style many many time and i feel repeat to post this again again again ... in Wesley thread and we need striker in jan thread.. 

PLEASE PLAY DAVIS FOR SAKE!

so we can sub Wesley to put on in 60 to 70 mins.. to learn or fight for start rather sit and bench, watch the games.. or alter plan it is we might have to play 2 forward - Wesley and Davis or Kodjia...even pair Kodjia and Davis rather Wesley on pitch problem will create is.. lack creative beside from Full back cross will work but we need McGinn and Jack Grealish both cant offer 2 man in middle as both will effective if 3 man in centre midfield 

• Like 1

He is a big strong looking lad but wins no battles, none at all.  Not that he loses some or most, he loses every single time. 

He's Brazilian but has no ball control or skill on it whatsoever. 

Davis looks literally twice the player.  We have made a huge balls up on this one and need to start playing Davis instead. 

• Like 4

Has  took his goals well previously and he obviously has some ability. But he needs to do a lot better than he has today. A foul was given against him early on for backing in (looked harsh). After that he seemed to not try, it was like he thought “what’s the point a foul will go against me anyway”. You just can’t do that, needs to work for the team, needs to use his body, needs to try to head the ball. Come on Wes!

• Like 2

Awful performance today. Gestede esque.  This is a major problem as we have a non goalscoring striker or a bloke that the manager is desperate to get rid off as our only other options.

It increasingly looks like we have dropped a massive hairy boll**k in the summer.

Why loan Hogan out?

Edited by The Fun Factory

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Davis won’t get goals either so what do you do? 

Agreed. I'd stick with Wesley for a bit longer but I'd try a formation that gets people around him quicker.  We have an 2 fullbacks that are comfortable going forward (providing Targetts injury isn't to bad), an abundance of quality in midfield, and our wingers are crap anyway, so a much narrower front 3 ticks a lot of boxes for me. 

Ok. Let’s stick with the striker who’s only trait is holding the ball up (but is actually really, really bad at it) over the striker who is actually really, really good at it.

He’s scored no more goals than what Davis would have done. And even if he has, as a team, we’d have scored more.

Wesleys is absolute garbage. He’ll cost Smith his job if he isn’t careful. 

10 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok. Let’s stick with the striker who’s only trait is holding the ball up (but is actually really, really bad at it) over the striker who is actually really, really good at it.

He’s scored no more goals than what Davis would have done. And even if he has, as a team, we’d have scored more.

Wesleys is absolute garbage. He’ll cost Smith his job if he isn’t careful. 

Absolute rubbish. 

37 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

But he will hold it up, dribble with it, show strength and quick feet and bring others into the game.  In short he will bring a lot more than we currently have. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There's far more to a striker's game than simply scoring goals. If Wesley was providing assists or even any hint of decent hold-up/link-up play he'd be an asset. Today Wesley offered absolutely nothing. It was akin to playing with 10 men. Davis came on and did more in 3 minutes than Wesley did in 88 and I'd wager if Davis starts the next game he'll do a far better job in terms of holding up the ball and playing in his team mates.

Smith has said himself that we need goals from all areas of the pitch, not just our strikers. Everyone needs to chip in and I think Davis deserves a chance in that system after Wesley's ineffective performances.

Â