dont_do_it_doug.

Seemed like a good pro, and had something about him, just not built for this level.

Finished DD’s career, thus keeping this club in the Premier League.

Also set up that Wesley goal against Everton.

On balance, probably not a bad signing for what we paid, hope he does well at his next stop.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True but we bought Jota to play in the Premier League. 

I’m not so sure about that to be honest, the deal was clearly set up before we knew where we would be playing in my opinion. We then still went through with it as he was going to be a more useful squad member than Gardner and a relatively inexpensive addition, particularly given how much business we then knew we had to do following promotion.

6 minutes ago, mole86 said:

I’m not so sure about that to be honest, the deal was clearly set up before we knew where we would be playing in my opinion. We then still went through with it as he was going to be a more useful squad member than Gardner and a relatively inexpensive addition, particularly given how much business we then knew we had to do following promotion.

Fair point.

I suppose we were lucky to see the best of him in the championship which is his level.Have great memories of him in both periods he was with us.Never forget his last minute winner against Fulham.Sadly he chose the route to Small Heath after saying he would only leave us for a Premier League side but the daw of money and dodgy Arry ruined any dream of that.Would think his ideal move would be back to Spain for personal and career reasons.I wish him all the best for the future even though the manner in how he departed left a bad taste for many of our fans.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Maybe Drinkwater wasn’t the problem?

I don't think Dean would have signed him again if he had a bad attitude.  Just think it's likely he wasn't going to be in the 25 so it was better for everyone to release him from his contract.  Good luck to him anyway.

• Like 3

Seems like a nice guy, just didn’t have the drive to force himself into the starting eleven, and it’s not like the RAM position hasn’t been up for grabs. I wish him well, he’d be a good pickup for a Championship team.

Hopefully this means another AM coming in soon, as it seems strange to terminate a contract otherwise. That sounds like a last resort move to free up space and wages.

It also means freeing up the best shirt number in professional sports. Hopefully the next player who takes it will be worthy of it 😁

I didn’t see that coming, but it makes sense. As others have said he was never quick enough for the prem, despite having a good array of skills and technical ability. We’ve done right by allowing him to find another club now, rather than rotting in the reserves. 

Good luck Jota, wherever you end up. 

And welcome Rashica, our new number 23! 

Is a shame but lets face it he never made a mark and wont be missed, wish him all the well.

Dont think prem is his calling and the furthest Jota will be in his career is the championship. 

Strange. You would think someone would take him on loan if we paid 75% of his wages or something. Surely cheaper than just termination. 

I don't know how these things work. Maybe we don't pay off 100% of his outstanding wages. 

Was a strange decision to give him time in the cup on Thursday though. 

Edited by sidcow

With 12 moths left I will expect his agent has come up with a compromise on his monies due with the knowledge that he has a deal in place with another club that at a guess will be Spanish.

35 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Strange. You would think someone would take him on loan if we paid 75% of his wages or something. Surely cheaper than just termination. 

I don't know how these things work. Maybe we don't pay off 100% of his outstanding wages. 

Was a strange decision to give him time in the cup on Thursday though. 

• Thanks 1

Â