dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, TreeVillan said:

By natural ability I don't mean fast. 

I'm talking about players that have something about them but never get utilised for what they are, such as Gil etc. 

Ah ok I misinterpreted what you meant. I was alluding to players that we couldn’t get rid of quickly enough! 

I largely agree on that.  I was frustrated that Gil didn’t get the chance or wasn’t able to take it perhaps, that he initially showed he was capable of. Hopefully we have better coaches and structures throughout the club that can get the best out of this type of player in the future. 

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

I might just be having a massive brain fart here, who the hell is RMC? racking my brains but I just can't think of who it is.

Ross McCormack. I can never remember the correct spelling so I was being lazy! 

Just goes to show that looking good in pre season doesn't mean that you will look good in fully competitive matches, a bit like O'hare a few yrs previously.

The kid has some talent but unfortunately is too lightweight and too slow for the premier league. He didn't cost much so no disaster and wish him well finding a more appropriate club for his talents.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Thought at the time we signed him. Pointless. Guess he had one decent game against Everton at home last season. 

he wasnt great but was 1 better game than Gardner ever played

• Like 2

That’s happened quickly! Good luck to the guy, was always going to be a punt and simply didn’t work out sadly. Seems a good character though and hope he finds a new club soon.

Hopefully means another winger is incoming as well...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not really Gardner scored a cracker against Blues. 

Its a bit of a what if with Gardner if he hadn't had those two bad injuries with his knees. We did him far too long at Villa, which is usually the opposite of what we do with our young players. Anway back to Jota I am sure he could get a decent club back in Spain so good luck to him just never really looked like he would be a first team regular here.

• Like 1

In another universe not too dissimilar from this one, we lost the penalty shoot-out at Albion and Jota has 50 apps, 11 goals and 15 assists for Aston Villa.

Jack ended up at Tottenham and is deeply unhappy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â