dont_do_it_doug.

27 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

With 12 moths left I will expect his agent has come up with a compromise on his monies due with the knowledge that he has a deal in place with another club that at a guess will be Spanish.

Agreed, this is what I was thinking. Paying him off helps him find a new club, but probably saves us keeping and paying him with little chance of him playing in the next twelve months. Best for all involved.

Hmm, okay.

I mean I’m not particularly bothered but seems an odd way of going about it. If he had/has something lined up elsewhere why not just leave on an undisclosed or free transfer, if he doesn’t have something immediately lined up what’s in it for him.

Looked great in our summer friendlies last summer but not really replicated in competitive matches.

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Hmm, okay.

I mean I’m not particularly bothered but seems an odd way of going about it. If he had/has something lined up elsewhere why not just leave on an undisclosed or free transfer, if he doesn’t have something immediately lined up what’s in it for him.

Looked great in our summer friendlies last summer but not really replicated in competitive matches.

Maybe he is looking to go to a league where the transfer window is closed. MLS?

• Like 1

Not a great signing. We gave blues £4m for him, to never play him and let him walk away for free.

£4m for a player who we didn't even give starts to in the cups. It's not exactly a big fee these days, but what a **** waste of money.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not a great signing. We gave blues £4m for him, to never play him and let him walk away for free.

£4m for a player who we didn't even give starts to in the cups. It's not exactly a big fee these days, but what a **** waste of money.

I've seen it speculated that the deal for him was agreed when it looked certain we'd be staying in the Championship that season. It makes sense given how quickly the deal went through.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

£4m for a player who earned us 3 points against Everton 

4 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Can't hide that I'm slightly disappointed, I really like players with natural ability. We tend to **** them off quite quickly at Villa. 

NZogbia, Richards, RMC, Lansbury all say hi. 

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

NZogbia, Richards, RMC, Lansbury all say hi. 

By natural ability I don't mean fast. 

I'm talking about players that have something about them but never get utilised for what they are, such as Gil etc. 

Wasn't good enough but wish him well. Think it's a strange one that he wouldn't go on loan in January (if true) but then agreed to a mutual termination. Can only assume we've paid him a handsome persuader.

Assume it means we've definitely agreed to bring in another, otherwise why waste the money unnecessarily.

Really wish this guy all the best, came from small heath and never expected to pull up trees.   Goes with my best wishes.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Also, for what it’s worth, I think there will be discussions going on to mutually terminate Lansburys contract. A much harder thing to do obviously, but if we can end his spell here using creative measures, it might allow us to bring another body in. 

I don’t think Transfer fees are the issue at all, I think it’s wages. To give Rashica 50k a week, we need to get rid of that amount first (just an example). 

Â