dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

If that's the case then they've preferred AEG and Trez as backups.

We badly need rotation on both wings, and AEG and Trez remain good options for that. Jota was never going to break into the squad in that way.

I liked jota, granted he would get in the first 11, but I think its debatable whether he's better than el ghazi.

Was our best player against Stoke.

I wish him the best of luck, will he go back to Spain?, if he went to the right champ team he would be a great player in that league.

• Like 2

I would have thought he can benefit from a termination assuming he is allowed to take on a new club contract while be paid by us. 

Assume he has 18 months left on 25 k. We offer him termination with 20 k pw for 12 months and he's free to seek employment somewhere else. We save 30 k and he can probably make 10 k extra from the right employer. And he can maybe play football matches, which matters to some players tbf. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Never in a million years PL quality - but a championship club would do well to pick him up on a free. Although I think he will probably go back to Spain. Maybe it's a departure on some sort of compassionate grounds. He's never struck me as a trouble maker.

Good luck whatever he decides.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I liked jota, granted he would get in the first 11, but I think its debatable whether he's better than el ghazi.

Was our best player against Stoke.

I wish him the best of luck, will he go back to Spain?, if he went to the right champ team he would be a great player in that league.

i'd say jota is more consistent, but el ghazi does have a moment of magic in him and is definitely better on his day

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

He was only on a two-year deal, I don't think the cost was that high in terms of wages.

That’s a very good point, so we’re just paying him up to June 2021 and that’s the contract bought out presumably. 

Good decision and does suggest we may be after one more.  Assuming this was on the cards for a while it's possible the club was doing him a favour giving him time off the bench against Stoke.  He looked good so you'd expect there'll be a few championship clubs that will take a punt on him. 

Â