Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

The hype Lolley will get will be like when we signed Angel or something in terms of excitement.

Hopefully pressure won't be too bad as fans will be so desperate for him to succeed. Any that don't know his story will as soon as he signs.

Effort will never be in question which will set him off to a great start.

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

thoughts on Lolley?

Hes a very good player and a villa fan, more Villa born and bred steel in there? - Deano, Grealish & Lolley? - with McGiniesta an honorary :)

Think he could cut it in the prem?

He's really impressed me this year. He just gets better and better and he's very direct. No fannying around or diving, he's just straight at you. Refreshing to see. 

Although he's 27 this year, he hasn't got many 'miles on the clock' as a professional so I think best is still yet to come. 

I do like seeing footballers come through the non league system and be stars a la Ian Wright or Jamie Vardy. They almost seem to appreciate it more. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

I would definitely buy Bowen from Hull, think he has something about him.

Was watching Rangers earlier in the season, and Kent stood out for me, good pace, and good passing, £10m is a no brainer for me.

DS tried to get Chaloboah from Watford, wouldn't be the worst signing, and whilst we are there pick up Will Hughes as well

Don't know much about Chalaboah. Is he a DCM?

Steer/Kalinic

Guilbert   Axel       Mings    New LB

Phillips
         McGinn         Grealish

Lolley                         El Ghazi

Tammy

Would probably cost about 60m and a little luck with the loan players to make this happen, but that is a very competitive mid-table at least side right there.

• Like 1

It worries me that a lot of names being suggested have no experience in the Premier League (Lollley, Phillips, Bowen etc), I think we need to aim a lot higher to avoid a swift return to the second tier. Not saying that the aforementioned are bad players of course, I just think we need proven Premier League/top-flight quality to have the best chance. I'm not even convinced that Tammy, El Ghazi and Hourihane should be guaranteed starters for us, I'd be happy to have them as squad players and I think Tammy deserves another shot but it is a risk.

Is lolley actually good enough for prem level or are people being romantically nourished over the fact he's a villa fan.

Wasn't he at Huddersfield when they were in the prem, did he get much game time?

I hope Suso will have one or two Spanish gems lined up ... Inaki Williams instead of Tammy perhaps ... I think he will have a few surprise signings from nowhere ... Its it blasphemy to say I don’t really want Lolley, rather we went for Bowen 😬

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just seen it on Facebook, someone mentioned Callum Wilson, would anyone take him? I would

He's 27, would cost a fortune to prize away from Eddie Howe, would require a huge wage packet (Highest paid Villa player ever levels), and I'm not sure if he will ever have another season as productive as he had last year.  This is the type of signing that would financially cripple us if we were relegated again.  

Edited by KMitch

10 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Yeah Chabaloah is a DCM, 6ft, used to be at Chelsk, and Southgate likes him.

Says he only played 7 times for Watford this season, any one know why? Injury or just not fancied by the boss there

It's hardly as if the club is going to be looking at only Championship signings. Kalinic and Guilbert already show we are happy to shop around in the new regime. It's pretty normal I'd have thought for the vast majority of us, who aren't scouts at Crewe ;) or weekly followers of the Swiss 2nd division, to have opinions on the players we've seen play and that ALL of us will have been watching the championship for the last few years.

While the prices are inflated, they aren't as inflated as the PL clubs and there's still some value to be found imo. I have no doubt Lolley, Bowen and James will be PL players in the next couple of years and do well up there. James is seemingly off to Man Utd. Aren't the other 2 Villa fans?

Lolley would be a proper passion player signing, which is something we might need next season. Just look at the way he played against us over the two games. Imagine what he would do actually playing for us in the prem. 

He can play central and up top, guessing he can play on the flanks as well, so would be great to have in the squad. 

Heard Bowens name mentioned loads after January, but went a bit quiet again. Don’t know too much about his stats either. 

I’d have to go for Lolley out of the two, because of what I have seen this season, but, would never turn my nose up to having a quality Villa man in the team! 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Just seen it on Facebook, someone mentioned Callum Wilson, would anyone take him? I would

No thanks, decent striker but will cost a fortune and has had some really bad knee injuries.

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

lolley would be a proper passion player signing, which is something we might need next season. Just look at the way he played against us over the two games. Imagine what he would do actually playing for us in the prem. 

he can play central and up top, guessing he can play on the flanks as well, so would be great to have in the squad. 

Heard Bowens name mentioned loads after January, but went a bit quiet again. Don’t know too much about his stats either. 

I’d have to go for Lolley out of the two, because of what I have seen this season, but, would never turn my nose up to having a quality villa man in the team! 

Bowen is 22 and scored 22 goals as a wide forward. 

I think both Lolley and Bowen will be ridiculously priced by their respective clubs and we won’t get either. 

This is where the scouts and Suso earn their corn, would love is to find the next lolley/Bowen who onlys costs <£500k 

I know his name is blasphemy round these parts but would be interesting to see if Bruce had already submitted his player requests, in the last few years he has been part of the signings of Robertson (pre Liverpool), Bowen and of course our own super John. Would be silly to dismiss his list without seeing who’s on it

Bowen over the the two for me. He's younger, more energetic and probably a better player. Would love Joe too but reckon both clubs would be stinging us on the fees.

• Like 1