Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

want see David Turnbull at Villa from Motherwell! top, Top talent in my view....  he can easily do a McGinn down here i've seen enough to suggest he would be a great pickup his potential is huge.

James Tavernier i do not rate and wouldn't want see him anywhere near Villa.  No thank to that suggestion.

Turnbull seems the real deal, whether he's ready for the Premier League however I have no idea. If we were in the Championship, I would have no doubts about signing him.

Any particular reason why you don't rate Tavernier? I would even suggest Morelos would be a great fit for our striker in the Premier League, what you reckon to that? He can finish with either foot, heading not too shabby, movement is good, can assist, hold up play is solid for someone so young.

8 minutes ago, Hitzlsperger_12 said:

Turnbull seems the real deal, whether he's ready for the Premier League however I have no idea. If we were in the Championship, I would have no doubts about signing him.

Any particular reason why you don't rate Tavernier? I would even suggest Morelos would be a great fit for our striker in the Premier League, what you reckon to that? He can finish with either foot, heading not too shabby, movement is good, can assist, hold up play is solid for someone so young.

Morelos, the same guy who gets sent off 10 times a season?  No thanks, talent isnt everything that is needed to be a prem player.

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Yes, i rate him! Don't think he would leave Leeds just yet though! Unless they had to sell to buy.

He is their local lad, fan,  come good he's  like their version of Jack to their fans. But plays DCM

good player imo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Morelos, the same guy who gets sent off 10 times a season?  No thanks, talent isnt everything that is needed to be a prem player.

Very true, also my concern with Philips from Leeds, looks like he'd be a walking red card in the Premier League.

There are a lot of considerations in every transfer, we need to be smart, assess what we actually need in terms of age, position, character, discipline, talent and ambition.

We also need to consider how someone fits in to the group, like the Tammy v Mitrovic debate, we already know Tammy fits in the group well, Mitrovic is known to be trouble but he's proven himself in the Premier League, these factors need to be weighed up before making a decision on either one.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

My thoughts exactly. Forget that guy. Make a statement early get Mings and sessagnon in early to keep the feel good factor at the club. 

I'd imagine we can get Tammy once Chelseas embargo ha sbeen lifyed

Phillips gets away with being a persistent fouler because he is in the champ. In the prem he's probably only play 12 matches due to suspensions. I can't see any other attributes to his game apart from the "hatchet man" jobs he does.

I would defiantly consider bringing in Jack Butland but make it under no illusion that he will have to compete for the shirt and steer is in pole.

I would bring in delph as replacement for Whelan and Jedi.

Also I think the board should make 2 marquee signings to make a massive statement of intent and send shockwaves through the premier league. One should be gerard deulofeu, the other a striker.

I wouldn’t mind Benteke back if we could sign him at a decent price. I think confidence has been his main issue recently, along with his injuries. He’d be the main man again at Villa and he’d be coming back to a club where he’s loved.

2 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

I wouldn’t mind Benteke back if we could sign him at a decent price. I think confidence has been his main issue recently, along with his injuries. He’d be the main man again at Villa and he’d be coming back to a club where he’s loved.

I think he's a shell of the player we sold. Not for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Taylor is 100% guaranteed to lose the ball, or more typically give it away in any attacking move he is part of and he is only just about okay as a Championship defender. Surely we shouldn't be relying on a player with those qualities, even as squad filler?

I don't disagree. Guess it depends how radical the overhaul is. 

49 minutes ago, Hitzlsperger_12 said:

Don't rate him, never have! too old for what we are doing as project and the amount of penalties he scores masks his overall ability as a player he is not very good at defending. it's a no from me. He was a good signing for Rangers but wouldn't hack it in English Premier League

I'd only take from Rangers: Ross McCrorie your 21 year old Central Midfielder who can play Center Back too! he is a very good prospect and feel he could grow. Also Jake Hastie who has just signed for you from Motherwell i wanted him before Rangers stepped in. @AvfcRigo82 knows how much i rate him. Alas Hastie is a no go now :)

No-one else from Rangers. Morelos would cost too much and his attitude stinks on my 4-corner model for psychology. i weigh everything up and psychological part of a players game is very important as usually when they lack that, they lack that overall hunger, he already in his own mind think he's made it, sent off too much, has good technical skills and goalscoring ability though. just feel much better out there than him we can target.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, YLN said:

Potentially unpopular opinion. I think we need to start next season with at least 7/8 of the players that started the play off final.

Gutting the team and starting a whole load of signings next season is not the way to go. We are a 14-17 Premier League team at the moment i reckon. It would be easy to tip the balance in one direction or the other. We need to be careful we don't start accumulating 10 million pound players and swapping them in for our current starting eleven and throwing off the team dynamic completely. 

New LB, RB, RW and ST and some promising youth players. Ashley Westwood types.

And buy the loanees obv

Agree with all of that but we're unlikely to bring back all the loans. Mings and El Ghazi hopefully we can get hold of; we're likely to get bummed on the Mings fee. Don't think we've got much of a chance of getting Tammy or Axel back. So keeping just two of the loans our team will be 6 (!) new players.

RB, CB, LB, DM, RW, ST.

Obviously we could start Taylor and Hourihane, bringing it down to four new players but neither is good enough without plenty of improvement.