Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Problem is we can't really snap up Brazilian gems because of work permits, pretty much any south American we go for will be an established international or on the brink of it

Established Brazilian international you say?... Neymar Jr. to Aston Villa confirmed! 

4 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Established Brazilian international you say?... Neymar Jr. to Aston Villa confirmed! 

He'd have to switch over to the right. Anwar has LW tied up.

You always need to bare in mind is that modern media relies on hits to earn revenue in the age of free media ... who buys newspapers when you can read it for free online ... the pay off is adverts ... This means clickbait is the new form of media business model and pampering to online trends. 

I’d bet the majority of these links are no doubt plucked from here and social media rather than any inside knowledge ?! . Given our new found position and thirst for links ... the same names mentioned  on here and wider social media and like sites gets regurgitated online, and others jump on the bandwagon adding fake validity or put a rival name out there to earn clicks which =online revenue = more false rumours/fake news .. more hits more revenue ... yadda yadda 

we won’t spunk all our budget on the number of Championship players so far linked #Facts  ! what’s the point of Suso if we are going to rely on that player acquisition model ?? 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Problem is we can't really snap up Brazilian gems because of work permits, pretty much any south American we go for will be an established international or on the brink of it

I know, but other teams are starting to do it. Richarlison signed for Watford before being an international. Purslow must have some contacts to get round this :P

I’m so out of the loop of whose a good and exciting player to sign, just so many names I’ve never heard of.

I'm beginning to think there’s more professional footballers then there was 20 years ago. 

3 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Is lolley actually good enough for prem level or are people being romantically nourished over the fact he's a villa fan.

Wasn't he at Huddersfield when they were in the prem, did he get much game time?

I don’t think he is the prem quality we should be looking at. Very good in championship thats it.

We need to spend £100m to stand still due to the under investment and bad decisions over the last 5 years. Has anyone seen the price of PL level players these days? We will need to spend £50m just to make our promotion winning side ours, let alone improve or strengthen it. Then we need to replace all the out of contract players.

We need 3 strikers and they aren’t cheap.

We run the risk of our entire back four next season having never played together before.

Truth is only Grealish and McGinn are the only existing [owned] players capable of meeting the club’s ambition. This is why next season is about consolidating, building a platform whereby as a back stop if we go down we are better placed to bounce straight back.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As it stands I think we need to sign 7 first team players to have any chance of staying up. 

Quoted this to say I think we could do 5 if they were proper first XI players.

As I was going through, I think you're right. Maybe 6.

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As it stands I think we need to sign 7 first team players to have any chance of staying up. 

I assume you're referring to our loan players in that seven?

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

We need to spend £100m to stand still due to the under investment and bad decisions over the last 5 years. Has anyone seen the price of PL level players these days? We will need to spend £50m just to make our promotion winning side ours, let alone improve or strengthen it. Then we need to replace all the out of contract players.

We need 3 strikers and they aren’t cheap.

We run the risk of our entire back four next season having never played together before.

Truth is only Grealish and McGinn are the only existing [owned] players capable of meeting the club’s ambition. This is why next season is about consolidating, building a platform whereby as a back stop if we go down we are better placed to bounce straight back.

tenor.gif?itemid=7457725

Suso off to the European market.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Quoted this to say I think we could do 5 if they were proper first XI players.

As I was going through, I think you're right. Maybe 6.

I would prob still go with 7.

LB, CB x2, DMC, aml, amr, sc.

Only players we currently own who I think are good enough for our first 11 are kalinic/steer, Guilbert, Mcginn and Grealish. (Maybe hause but unproven).

Obviously Axel, Mings and el Ghazi could take 3 of those 7 slots?

That leaves 4 left as a bare minimum if we sign our loan players, LB, DMC, AMR and SC, and that doesn't include any additional players over and above the first 11.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

We've barely been a Premier League side again for a day and have already been linked with 3 or 4 players, it's gonna be a long summer...

For what it's worth I think we're getting a bit blinded by the fact Lolley is a Villa supporter. It'd be great for him and he is a very good player (I've a mate who's a ST holder at Forest that loves him) but that aside...£10 million+ for a 27 year old player that didn't cut it for one of the worst sides in the PL a couple of years ago goes against much of the sentiments espoused over the last few pages of this thread. I certainly wouldn't be unhappy to sign him but I'd be sceptical if we were to shell out a decent amount on him all the same.