Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just based on how important he is to them mate.

I'm not necessarily saying that is his true value.

Fair enough. I just think we need to buy quite a few players so shouldn't get fixated on certain players. Outside of the same 13 or 14 players we used a lot in the last few months there's not much quality in the squad and half of them are loans.

We need at least 10 players including the loans we had. Even the large kitty our owners may provide wont stretch if we're paying way over the odds. I know it didnt work for Fulham but thats because they made a bollocks of it.

Take a shitload of cash over to Ajax and get busy. ;)

I'd take Bowen AND Lolley. Green isn't good enough and Adomah is off.

AEG and those 2 would give us strong options out wide.

I forgot about Cahill being out of contract, I'd hope we'd be in for him too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I'd take Bowen AND Lolley. Green isn't good enough and Adomah is off.

AEG and those 2 would give us strong options out wide.

I forgot about Cahill being out of contract, I'd hope we'd be in for him too.

Green will develop some more. Lolley would be great in teh same side as Grealish and McGinn, all 3 guaranteed to be giving everything every time they put the shirt on. Cahill should never have been sold when he was, if the two old heads were him and Milner, you wouldn't catch me complaining!

• Like 1

Forest fans getting depressed on Twitter, going through the early stages of shock and denial, that Lolley is better off with them. Horrible for them, as it could have been us, but we certainly all agreed no way Jack would stay if a prem club came in. 

Forest fans are scoffing at £10m. Say they would want to see £15-20m. I think that’s fair enough. We value Grealish at £30-40m and everyone finds that hysterical, but the reality is he is worth that much to us and would cost us that to replace him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wedge said:

It worries me that a lot of names being suggested have no experience in the Premier League (Lollley, Phillips, Bowen etc), I think we need to aim a lot higher to avoid a swift return to the second tier. Not saying that the aforementioned are bad players of course, I just think we need proven Premier League/top-flight quality to have the best chance. I'm not even convinced that Tammy, El Ghazi and Hourihane should be guaranteed starters for us, I'd be happy to have them as squad players and I think Tammy deserves another shot but it is a risk.

Of the three, I think El Ghazi is the only one who is good enough for the Prem.

• Like 1

Value is up to the clubs to agree something. Apparently Lolley signed a new 5 year contract this season so yes he'll cost a bit, but then his performances this season are what have upped his price. I'd suggest his value is at it's peak right now and at 27 he'll start to depreciate in value for them. They're going to make a huge profit on him if they ever sell him. Maximising that profit probably means cashing in this summer.

Don't get me wrong Forest fans wont want to see the back of him and why would they?

Joe Lolley on Twitter to dispel fans from thinking he said he was going nowhere (parody account he refers to said he was staying loyal) - why would he need to step in tonight and say this?...

https://www.football-espana.net/78453/aston-villa-move-real-valladolid-defender-ruben-alcaraz

Aston Villa have made an approach for Real Valladolid midfield Ruben Alcaraz, according to a report in Marca.

The 28-year-old was part of a well-drilled Valladolid side this season and he made a total of 35 appearances for the club, who avoided relegation from La Liga.

It was Alcaraz’s first season in the Spanish top flight have joined on a permanent basis from Girona last summer, and having spent the previous campaign on loan at second tier Almeria.

The Barcelona-native spent his youth career in the ranks of La Masia before moving across the city to Espanyol and has spent the majority of his career across the second and third levels of Spanish football.

It is claimed that Valladolid value the central midfielder at €10m and Villa are early favourites for his signature, although Getafe are also said to hold an interest in the player.

Alcaraz netted three goals for the club last season and the reports claims that Valladolid would struggle to resist the financial incentives on offer from an English club.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2019/05/rumour-mill/villa-set-to-sign-el-ghazi-among-50million-summer-spending/

Aston Villa are expected to seal a £5million deal to sign Anwar El Ghazi permanently as a potential summer spend of £50million is mooted, according to the Daily Mail.

The newspaper claim on their website that the Dutch forward, who has been on loan from Lille this season and scored one of their two goals in their Championship play-off final victory, is set to remain at Villa Park for their return to the Premier League, with the winger expected to be joined by other new recruits.

It is stated Dean Smith could have £50million to spend in the transfer market as he prepares to take the club back to the top flight after a two year absence

18 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Joe Lolley on Twitter to dispel fans from thinking he said he was going nowhere (parody account he refers to said he was staying loyal) - why would he need to step in tonight and say this?...

The reality is probably that the media have just pulled this out of their arse but Lolley probably wants it to happen so won’t want to be denying anything. 

33 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Have we ever had a Brazilian player? Can we find the next Fernandinho, I don’t mind if city buys him off us for £80m next summer 

Problem is we can't really snap up Brazilian gems because of work permits, pretty much any south American we go for will be an established international or on the brink of it