Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

22 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Says he only played 7 times for Watford this season, any one know why? Injury or just not fancied by the boss there

Had some injuries I think 

Lolley would be ideal. He was tearing us apart and would give his absolute all, which is what we were missing in our last few premier league campaigns. No-brainer for me. Absolutely get him in. 

Jarrod Bowen over Lolley for me. The stats and age factor make it the better option. I agree with the comments about being careful not to focus too much on signing players from the lower leagues though, unless they are brought in as promising players that we want to bring through over 2-3 years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Bowen is 22 and scored 22 goals as a wide forward. 

I think both Lolley and Bowen will be ridiculously priced by their respective clubs and we won’t get either. 

This is where the scouts and Suso earn their corn, would love is to find the next lolley/Bowen who onlys costs <£500k 

I know his name is blasphemy round these parts but would be interesting to see if Bruce had already submitted his player requests, in the last few years he has been part of the signings of Robertson (pre Liverpool), Bowen and of course our own super John. Would be silly to dismiss his list without seeing who’s on it

Good shout. McGinn, Robertson, Maguire, Clucas. Good young British talent. I believe Stan Ternent was a big consultant in such signings.

• Like 1

This may be a tad unpopular, but my take on it is that although we need to strengthen, we need to be careful not to disrupt the dynamic of the dressing room that got us here. I imagine we'll see mostly young, hungry players with a point to prove from both overseas and here, rather than splashing big sums of money on superstars right away. I'll hazard a guess that 5 or 6 will come in, as well as tying up Mings, El Ghazi, Hause and Tammy (depending on the situation at Chelsea). That'll be more than okay for this window, then we'll review the situation again in January and see where we are. I understand people's concerns, ie that we finished 5th in the championship therefore there's a bit of work to be done, however it can easily go the other way if we splash silly money on a lot of players. Young, hungry with a point to prove plus tying up the loanees seems the sensible option to me. 

• Like 2

If we only bring in loan players permanently and some talented Championship/League 1 youngsters then we'll be straight back down IMO. 

Definitely need a few players with PL experience and would ideally try and find a few decent players on the continent too. 

1 minute ago, MikeAVFC said:

This may be a tad unpopular, but my take on it is that although we need to strengthen, we need to be careful not to disrupt the dynamic of the dressing room that got us here. I imagine we'll see mostly young, hungry players with a point to prove from both overseas and here, rather than splashing big sums of money on superstars right away. I'll hazard a guess that 5 or 6 will come in, as well as tying up Mings, El Ghazi, Hause and Tammy (depending on the situation at Chelsea). That'll be more than okay for this window, then we'll review the situation again in January and see where we are. I understand people's concerns, ie that we finished 5th in the championship therefore there's a bit of work to be done, however it can easily go the other way if we splash silly money on a lot of players. Young, hungry with a point to prove plus tying up the loanees seems the sensible option to me. 

That's a good and very fair post. We do however have to consider that if we want to cement ourselves back in the top flight, we have to avoid buying too many solid championship level players. I completely agree with what you said, but I think it's imperative we find a balance here. 

One thing that's absolutely certain is that for those who love transfer stories, they are in for a very tasty summer. 

• Like 1

As someone said earlier, all the players linked on Twitter are the ones being mentioned here. 

Lazy "journalism"

Always make me laugh when the media reports that clubs are 'preparing' a bid!

Just make a **** bid! 

• Like 1

I'd like Maupay, he can play across a front three as well, not necessarily as a starter but would be a great player for the squad he has a lot of ability and aggression. 

Lolley and Bowen are both good shouts as well, Bowen probably shades Lolley for me based on age.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Have a feeling Lolley would probably cost at least double that quoted figure of 10 mill.

Based on what? No way is he a 20m player. He's a good player, granted. If we're quoted any more than 8-10m, walk away. Even with today's inflated prices, there's much better value elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Based on what? No way is he a 20m player. He's a good player, granted. If we're quoted any more than 8-10m, walk away. Even with today's inflated prices, there's much better value elsewhere. 

Just based on how important he is to them mate.

I'm not necessarily saying that is his true value.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Didn't Lolley just sign a new long term deal at Forest within the past year?  Will cost a pretty penny just based on that alone.  

And this @Mazrim

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN