Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, romavillan said:

Milner as DM, could be our Pirlo for a couple of years. There's room for one or two old heads if they are the right ones. Milner still covers miles and miles of grass.

And can fill in at LB

• Like 1

Anyone think that Mark Albrighton might return?

At 30 he may just have the right balance of experience and fitness that we need.Seeing as he spends his days off from Leicester watching from the Holte End it could be an easy sell 👍

1 minute ago, MarkLillis said:

At 30 he may just have the right balance of experience and fitness that we need.Seeing as he spends his days off from Leicester watching from the Holte End it could be an easy sell 👍

Think we've got to aim higher. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

SiGn AlL ThE oLD PaST iT PlaYeRs oN StuPiD WaGeS oN 5 YeAr CoNtraCts rAtHeR tHaN ScOuT PrOpErLy aNd FiNd oUr OwN GeMs...............gO Go VT RanGerS! 🤩

Its Like we have never been away from Cookoo Land..........Delph, Milner, Benteke, Albrighton.............

Lets put an OAPs annex on the training ground, have an open invite for all over 65s and see which onces we could get on a good 5 year contract to ensure Villa continue where we left off 4 years ago.

Never not learn from past mistakes ❤️

Edited by MaVilla

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Milner coming back would have  a certain poetic justice as we basically fell apart after he left in 2010 until now. Don't see him as a Smith signing though. Would love it- with his condition and fitness he could play for another 5 years yet.

Would almost be like having a more mature McGinn

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Agree with all of that but we're unlikely to bring back all the loans. Mings and El Ghazi hopefully we can get hold of; we're likely to get bummed on the Mings fee. Don't think we've got much of a chance of getting Tammy or Axel back. So keeping just two of the loans our team will be 6 (!) new players.

RB, CB, LB, DM, RW, ST.

Obviously we could start Taylor and Hourihane, bringing it down to four new players but neither is good enough without plenty of improvement.

Agree with this, but I reckon Guilbert will be the man at right back. Wouldn't mind a back up for Jack after watching us play without him for three months. I realize that's probably pretty far down the board, but maybe we can grab a winger capable of moving inside if needed.

Since it's been a topic on here for a while, what is the absolute most you would pay for the loan players?

Edited by Houseoftomorrow

I wish people would stop with the let's bring back (insert ex-player here).  We need to look forward and build a squad of players that grow in skill, performance and value. 

And I will happily make a bet that we don't sign any 'last payday journeymen' over the summer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

How can Tshibola be allowed to return to the club? Surely he can be released? 

He has contract with us until next summer! runs out 30th June 2020

We would have to stump up a fee to pay the remaining time on his contract.

Just let Kilmarnock have him again on loan next season and release him in June 2020 or slightly just before then when we announce our retained and released lists.

Edited by Villan4Life

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Delph wouldn't come, Benteke no, Milner though I don't really put that idea in the ridiculous basket? On a free mitigates the wages a bit, relegation clause in his contract to protect against going down and still having to pay top dollar.

Why not?

Otherwise I both expect and hope we'll be signing sub 26 year old players, with the best value coming from outside the UK. We need a lot of signings, one or two older heads is a good idea IMO.

Delph probably wouldn't come as you say but also I think it wouldn't be a good idea I don't think he would be well received by a good proportion of the fans.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The obsession with signing loads of Championship players is a bit weird. There's an entire world out there. 

I'd be looking over to Eastern Europe. The Slavic nations have been producing top quality technical footballers, with the athleticism to compete in the Premier League since forever yet this still feels like a relatively untapped market. It may be my imagination but it feels like these players often do a stint in Spain or Italy before they land in England, with some notable exceptions like Modric. Imagine signing a Modric. 

Imagine getting a Pjanic...

Lots of eastern european kids in the Italian academies it seems....