Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

9 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I would agree with you in principle but having watched footie in Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia and Poland the standard is pap. Any half decent player will move to a western European team in his teens. Its a shame  as formally great sides such as Steaua, CSKA Sofia, Slovan Bratislavia will never ever be anywhere near challenging for European titles again.

Poland, Serbia, Russia, Ukraine, Croatia? 

My knowledge of these leagues and the players within them is horrific by the way, virtually non-existent. I know a bit about their national teams, but these are players that for the most part who have already made it. 

There are also the Milinkovic-Savic's of this world, who made it via Genk.

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Personally think sessegnon is incredibly over rated. Did nothing in the prem.

He might be something or might be nothing.

Second (full) season is notoriously difficult and doing it a division up in a struggling team even more so. Granted he did start 15 or so games in 16/17 as well.

Just turned 19 a couple of days ago.

39 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

The obsession with signing loads of Championship players is a bit weird. There's an entire world out there. 

I'd be looking over to Eastern Europe. The Slavic nations have been producing top quality technical footballers, with the athleticism to compete in the Premier League since forever yet this still feels like a relatively untapped market. It may be my imagination but it feels like these players often do a stint in Spain or Italy before they land in England, with some notable exceptions like Modric. Imagine signing a Modric. 

Definetely agree. All the best young Serbian and Croatian talent seem to head to Serie A. Technically excellent footballers and the Croatians ( modric aside ) built like shithouses 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Poland, Serbia, Russia, Ukraine, Croatia? 

My knowledge of these leagues and the players within them is horrific by the way, virtually non-existent. I know a bit about their national teams, but these are players that for the most part who have already made it. 

There are also the Milinkovic-Savic's of this world, who made it via Genk.

A couple of Milenko-Savic's and a Piatek or 2 and we'd be pretty set.

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

A couple of Milenko-Savic's and a Piatek or 2 and we'd be pretty set.

Lot of polish in the Italian league too. They scout well and get them on the cheap. I know piatek is with Milan now but Genoa signed him from a polish side for 4 million. Kownacki and Linetty good talents too.

• Like 2

would love for us to use a bit of my fm strategy in this window. As myself and others have said before, the Eastern European markets can produce really good gems and financially are much more affordable than buying English/French/German/Spanish etc. 

I find it hilarious that all the rumors being floated around this week by journalists on Twitter are all players mentioned in this thread:

• Justin - Luton
  • Kent - Liverpool
  • Lolley - Forest
  • Phillips - Leeds

Watch us end up signing more players like Guilbert, who wasn't mentioned until he's at BMH signing the deal.  

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i wouldnt say that necessarily, but i would imagine the premise might be "a good investment".

ie: a player who is 26/27 or less, who isnt too expensive or too much in the wage dept, who can either perform well and be a good investment for the team if they stay, or be sold on for a healthy profit if they do well and are courted by other teams.

I see literally zero point of signing has beens or stupidly waged players who are looking for their last guaranteed 5 year pay cheque. (we have a big history of making this mistake over and over)

In midfield/wing/attack I want us to sign players going up in their career, not coming down the other side.

The position for me that I would take an 'old head' is Centre Back. If we can't get Axel then i'd try and get Cahill in for a year or two. Its worked for us before with Terry

I'm not used to it yet 😁

Talking with my friend (also a fan) and I say I'm concerned that if Terry goes to Boro, he might want Mings. He then reminds me that we are in the PL.

Oh yeah! I say.

Forgot. 😂

• Haha 2

thoughts on Lolley?

Hes a very good player and a villa fan, more Villa born and bred steel in there? - Deano, Grealish & Lolley? - with McGiniesta an honorary :)

Think he could cut it in the prem?

Edited by MaVilla

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Milner on a free would be the only ex player i would be interested in, Benteke is shot/shit, not sure delph is any better than he was when he left, combined with the way he left and the fact that he has averaged (5,293 minutes played in total) 14 full 90 minute games per year for city out of the 60+ games they play every year means he isn't exactly used to having to give everything every week

120,000 per week for Milner is just over 12 million over 2 years & would be a bargain. Exactly the type of hard worker you need in the first season back in the league and he is probably fitter than most of the guys 10+ years younger than him anyway.

Really can't see him leaving Liverpool to come here though, Not like he's sat there getting splinters in his arse, He has played 44 times for them this season in all competitions averaging about 65 minutes per game

Imagine Milner and McGinn in the middle. The opposition wouldn’t have time to breathe

• Like 1

Just now, chrisvilla4 said:

I bet he could walk all the way to Bournemouth's ground without anyone laying a finger on him.

Like moses parting the sea. 

I was hoping he was going in to see Howe to discuss his contract with them. ;)

• Like 1

I would definitely buy Bowen from Hull, think he has something about him.

Was watching Rangers earlier in the season, and Kent stood out for me, good pace, and good passing, £10m is a no brainer for me.

DS tried to get Chaloboah from Watford, wouldn't be the worst signing, and whilst we are there pick up Will Hughes as well