Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I'd say we need to get rid of elmo, adomah, jedinak, whelan, bjarnason, Kodjia and hogan. I'd loan out green. Still not sure about him

Pay off mccormack as well

Edited by Demitri_C

I would take Phillips from Leeds, he’s their best player and would annoy them at the same time.

Part of me would take Che Adams as one of two strikers we’d need, regardless of his horrible playing history with the filth, he reminds me a lot of Andre Gray/Callum Wilson the way he plays. Physically strong enough with a good burst of pace that would suit the prem. don’t know if he’s technically good enough for Deans system though.

Get Jarrod Bowen from Hull, a front three of El Ghazi - Tammy - Bowen is pretty pacy, young and prolific. 

We need a LB and RB and CDM - I don't want anymore than 4 players coming into the first team, it'll upset the core and the balance.

Axel - I believe from Man Utd fan friends is back to Old Trafford to go into the first team - he's gone.

We need Mings and we need him fit - we can't have him out for 3 or 4 months a season. 

Keep Elmo as he's fine as a squad player, has a great cross (he must have about 6 assists this year?) and has gotten better.  It's just the pace/physicality of the PL that would worry me as he's not the quickest or most aggressive player.  

• Like 1

For me i'd look at something like this. 

Goalkeeper - Steer, Kalinic

Right Back - Guilbert, Elmo, Bree

Left Back - New LB, Neil Taylor

Centre Back - Mings (Must Sign), Tuanzebe (Must Sign or Loan) ,Chester, Hause

Deep Lying Midfielder - New DLM, Whelan

Central Midfield - Grealish, McGinn, Hourihane, Lansbury

Right Wing - Green, New Winger

Left Wing - El Ghazi

Striker - Abraham (Must Sign or Loan), Kodjia, New Striker

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Left Wing - El Ghazi

No new winger on the left side then?

think we can keep a few of our current players are squad options, but we definitely need strengthening in LB, RB (potentially), CDM, one new winger + a striker. this assumes we can keep the players we currently have on loan.

22 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Left Wing - El Ghazi

I mostly agree, but I think we will need another central midfielder too. Lansbury is not good enough for the Premier League, and I’m unconvinced about Hourihane being able to step up. I’d probably want another centre back too, maybe someone like Cahill with experience to help us establish ourselves again. 

I'd be gutted if we were relying on Green stepping up next season. I'm not convinced he's good enough for the top end of the Championship, he's certainly not ready for the PL. If we're keeping him he should be out on loan getting game time. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Martin Ødegaard? Been unbelievable for Vitesse this season. He'd be a perfect player for a Dean Smith team. Doubt he'll get a proper chance at Madrid.

I really like the sound of that! Maybe a loan to buy? Depending if Real want to sell, interesting see their plans for him.

Edited by Villan4Life

Just now, CosmicVillan said:

Gareth Bale has been sat warming the bench at Real..Surely Chester has his number ?  He could do with a proper haircut.

I hope that a a joke :)

I'll be surprised if Green isn't loaned out again. Sorry to say, but I think he's fluffed his lines this time. Had a real chance to cement a place but not quite up to it.

Regarding our other business. I reckon a lot (and we will be very busy) of signings will be under the radar sensible ones with plenty of upside and potential. Like Justin.

I wouldn't be surprised if the owners make one statement signing too. One that will shatter our transfer record.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Martin Ødegaard? Been unbelievable for Vitesse this season. He'd be a perfect player for a Dean Smith team. Doubt he'll get a proper chance at Madrid.

I imagine wages would be a bit of an issue there and Real Madrid to Villa might be a bit too much of a leap. In the PL I’d like to see us get by without loan signings as far as possible. 

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I'll be surprised if Green isn't loaned out again. Sorry to say, but I think he's fluffed his lines this time. Had a real chance to cement a place but not quite up to it.

Regarding our other business. I reckon a lot (and we will be very busy) of signings will be under the radar sensible ones with plenty of upside and potential. Like Justin.

I wouldn't be surprised if the owners make one statement signing too. One that will shatter our transfer record.

Sadly I agree with this