Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I have been one of the more critical of Tammy but now that all is said and done I’m not sure who better we’d get for the money in that position. Sadly I don’t think Chelsea would let him go and I don’t think he’d want to stay if there was even a chance to be on the bench there. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I have a feeling United will sign Maguire and i don't see Axel getting ahead of either Lindelof and Maguire.

I think another loan is a very big possibility.

Back in March there was story doing the rounds that he'd be loaned again to us regardless which league we were in - so can deffo see it too. Probably a good move for all involved though would want an option to buy in the contract - think that has to be standard now for all loans, or look elsewhere. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

I have been one of the more critical of Tammy but now that all is said and done I’m not sure who better we’d get for the money in that position. Sadly I don’t think Chelsea would let him go and I don’t think he’d want to stay if there was even a chance to be on the bench there. 

He's be a silly sausage then.

Sitting on the bench is not the way 21 year olds improve. If he's not going to get minutes he should be in asking to leave or go on loan. And if it's loan, I'm certain he'd want to come back here.

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

As i said in an earlier post this morning Sebastian Haller (Eintracht Frankfurt) :) Absolutely no brainier.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 4

for a winger i'd see what arsenal want to do with reiss nelson, think he wouldn't be cheap but he'd have better resale value and more potential than bowen and lolley, if we couldn't sign him then a PL loan could be on the cards for him too

6 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

As i said in an earlier post this morning Sebastian Haller (Eintracht Frankfurt) :) Absolutely no brainier.

they'll lose jovic for a handsome figure, you think they would let both go?

also not sure where it went wrong for them but Stuttgart and schalke have some decent players on paper, Monaco after their shit season could make for some good shopping

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

they'll lose jovic for a handsome figure, you think they would let both go?

Money talks mate we have deep pockets now.. so why not!!! just my view...

They have decent scouting system at the club!!! so could bring in few players in lot of other positions  to make a real difference, if sold both Haller & Jovic

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Kalvin Phllips any good? Pundits in the Derby game seemed to think he was top drawer. Hopefully he's one of their better players, just for the sheer 'bants' if we sign him. 

Yes, i rate him! Don't think he would leave Leeds just yet though! Unless they had to sell to buy.

He is their local lad, fan,  come good he's  like their version of Jack to their fans. But plays DCM

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Beats discussing wether Jordan Bowery will be able to step up

Bowery's at my club - below average League 2 striker he's improved last few years though since Villa days.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

We have a bunch of players who are solid enough Championship level but who (IMO) will not up to PL standards in Adomah, Kodjia, Lansbury, Thor, (Chester), Taylor, Elmo.

Sadly they are on quite a bit of money but if we are looking at any Championship talent they might be used to broker a deal, possibly via loans.

Obviously we can't let all of them go as we currently have no squad at all for nest season..

On a side not it will be interesting and scary to learn how many promotion clauses have been triggered for all the players we've signed during our 3 years in the quagmire.

I think an adequate/good starting eleven in the PL would be;

Steer/Kalinic

Elmo/Guilbert    Mings    Tuanzebe     NewLB

NewRW    McGinn  Hourihane     El Ghazi

Grealish 

NewST

Would love a new DM as well.

Just now, alreadyexists said:

I think an adequate/good starting eleven in the PL would be;

Steer/Kalinic

Elmo/Guilbert    Mings    Tuanzebe     NewLB

NewRW    McGinn  Hourihane     El Ghazi

Grealish 

NewST

Would love a new DM as well.

I think that will be essential, we'll spend lots more time on the back foot and we will need defensive cover more than Hourihane can offer in many games.

• Like 2

Now we get to look forward to all the fancy names linked this summer. 🎉

I would like us to try and keep the core of this side together as much as possible and not do a Fulham. I expect Mings and El Ghazi will be sorted early on and they'll be made permanent, Hause as well. Tammy and Tuanzebe is a bit different, there's pretty much no chance we'll sign either permanently but I do think we could bring Tuanzebe in again on another loan. As for Tammy I think that's the last we've seen of him at Villa given Chelsea's transfer ban problems or whatever. 

For me personally, I'd like the big money signings to be going towards left back and more importantly, right wing. A player of real quality on the right side would improve us so much more, El Ghazi has practically carried the wing play for months now so lets give him some help. 

Just realised that we'd need a bloody good striker as well then 😅

Edited by Farlz