Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

we almost have a passable first 11 now for our USA tour, granted we will still add a few, but this isnt a million miles off being half decent:

Steer, Targett, Mings, Hause, Guilbert, DM??, Grealish, McGinn, El Ghazi, Jota, Wesley

If we can pick up a DM early next week we will be in a good spot, then we will just need to add as we like......GK, DC, MC/DM, R or L Winger, then anything else Deano wants that we can afford.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Mings and Hause can do that.

At CB you need contrast. One who's a brick wall and can head it away last 10 minutes when we're defending a 1-0 lead away from home and sitting on our 18 yard box and another who can drop off and anticipate the play more.

Find it mad Cahill is on a free and people wouldn't take him if he wanted to come.

No. You CAN have that contrast, if you wish. It would be a bit of a departure for us however when compared to Mings, Tuanzebe and Hause.

It's nothing personal against Cahill or you btw. I'm sure he'll be a good defender for somebody. I'm sure he would be for us individually. However I have analysed what I think we need and I don't think he fits that, or at the very least I would much prefer us to sign somebody who would require far less tweaking of the system. 

However it is just my opinion. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No. You CAN have that contrast, if you wish. It would be a bit of a departure for us however when compared to Mings, Tuanzebe and Hause.

It's nothing personal against Cahill or you btw. I'm sure he'll be a good defender for somebody. I'm sure he would be for us individually. However I have analysed what I think we need and I don't think he fits that, or at the very least I would much prefer us to sign somebody who would require far less tweaking of the system. 

However it is just my opinion. 

I completely agree, Cahill will not fit our expected play style (in my opinion).

To play expansive football from the back, where the CBs push up etc (like DS wants to play), we need agile, fast(ish) defenders who are also capable of carrying/passing the ball, but also as important as that is recovering/recovery and being able to move quickly and with agility.

Mings, Hause and Axel fitted this mold, which is partly the reason our defence improved so well, as well as our ability to play out of defence.

Once we put an old/slow player in there, we can play as expansively, as we will need to be constantly aware that one player cant recover or play so high due to their limitations.

If a team wants to play deep and fairly static, Cahill would be excellent no doubt, but he really wouldnt suit our expected style of play, at all.

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

we almost have a passable first 11 now for our USA tour, granted we will still add a few, but this isnt a million miles off being half decent:

Steer, Targett, Mings, Hause, Guilbert, DM??, Grealish, McGinn, El Ghazi, Jota, Wesley

If we can pick up a DM early next week we will be in a good spot, then we will just need to add as we like......GK, DC, MC/DM, R or L Winger, then anything else Deano wants that we can afford.

That looks like a championship team in my book. Or that's a bit inaccurate. Looks like a relegation scrap PL team, at best. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Villa Report saying Suso watched the Egypt game to view two players?

two?

Trezequet and.........?

Could be the Brentford player Kamohelo Mokotjo who played his 19th match for the winning South African side that beat Egypt, but if you believe click bate sites he will cost you £20 Million !!!! 🤣🤣 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

My thoughts on where we up to, starting XI, subs and squad:-

GK - ?

RB - Guilbert

CB - ?

CB - Mings 

LB - Targett

DM - ?

RW - ? 

CM - Grealish 

CM - McGinn

LW - El Ghazi 

ST - Wesley 

Subs - Steer, Hause, Elmo, Houihane, Jota, Kodjia, ? 

Squad - Nyland, Chester, Taylor, Lansbury, Tishbola + kids 

26 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Which part(s)? Think you’ll be disappointed come start of the season. 

Lacking a CB, winger, DMC, untested striker and right back. Personally I think we need one of each as fast as possible 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillanousOne said:

If Ming stays fit and carries even half of his form to the Premiership, he will hopefully called up to England as aside from Maguire the England defence is awful. Then his value will double.

Doubt he’ll go to play in Scotland :trollface:

18 minutes ago, nnock1984 said:

My thoughts on where we up to, starting XI, subs and squad:-

GK - ?

RB - Guilbert

CB - ?

CB - Mings 

LB - Targett

DM - ?

RW - ? 

CM - Grealish 

CM - McGinn

LW - El Ghazi 

ST - Wesley 

Subs - Steer, Hause, Elmo, Houihane, Jota, Kodjia, ? 

Squad - Nyland, Chester, Taylor, Lansbury, Tishbola + kids 

A couple of more holes to plug but we've got the skeleton of a good squad. Elmo, Chester, Jota, Hourihane and Kodjia are good squad players too.