Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I have never seen him play so I have no clue how good or shit he is.

neither have i other than highlight reels, so hopefully i will be pleasantly surprised.

20 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I know **** all. But Trezeguet is the type of winger I could see us move for if Behnrama is valued too high. 

The trezeguet rumour could well be legit as he ticks all the boxes - young, versatile, good at dribbling & crossing, international experience and potential. As he tends to play on the left more than right, I'm assuming he will provide competition for elghazi. We could still get benrahma to be one of our AMRs, alongside Jota. 

2 minutes ago, Wes said:

Doing some sums

Hause - £3m

Targett - £11-14m

El Ghazi - £8m

Jota - £2m

Wesley - £22m

Mings - £20-26m

Note: I know all those numbers aren't precise, but even as an approximation we've spent about £65-£70m already.

Add £8-10m for Trezeguet if that goes through, leaving a Defensive Midfielder to still come too.

Can't say Smith hasn't been supported by the new owners!

True but it is still a long way off yet of being 'his team'.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Playes that Smith was watching over the weekend will be from either Egypt, Cameroon, Nigeria, or Algeria, Madagascar, DC Congo, South Africa or Guinea... We have been linked to Bahoken, who scored for Cameroon, I have also wondered if we could possibly make a move for Etobo who plays for Cameroon and Stoke, very good midfielder who might possbibly be an alternative to Phillips.

Hopefully he’s there looking at Chukwueze, he’s a class player with a big future. A lot of the big boys are said to be in for him, but that’s what they said last year about Seri before Fulham signed him. I also rate Chidozie Awaziem, who’s playing outside for Nigeria but his future’s inside as a central defender (he’s 6’4). Good with the ball at his feet.

As it happens I was just watching some highlights of Chukwueze, looks like he'd be a very good winger, as does his Nigerian team mate Moses Simon, both been linked with Liverpool and other big clubs, so not sure if we'd have a chance.

all we need is another tallish CD and we will have a nasty team from set pieces.

Wesley (6'3), Mings (6.4), Targett (6'0), El Ghazi (6'2), tallish CD?

4-6 decent tall ass and strong players for set pieces, nice. (maybe not el ghazi.......)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

all we need is another tallish CD and we will have a nasty team from set pieces.

Wesley (6'3), Mings (6.4), Targett (6'0), El Ghazi (6'2), tallish CD?

4-6 decent tall ass and strong players for set pieces, nice. (maybe not el ghazi.......)

I don't know I've heard he's great with his shoulders.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

As it happens I was just watching some highlights of Chukwueze, looks like he'd be a very good winger, as does his Nigerian team mate Moses Simon, both been linked with Liverpool and other big clubs, so not sure if we'd have a chance.

I like Simon too, good delivery, good footwork, pacy. He’s a bit of a head-down player with the ball at his feet but that’s true of a lot of young wingers (Chukwueze too). He might have overlapped with big Wes at Trencin too though it looks like they might have missed each other by a few weeks, difficult to say. 

Most importantly his full name is Moses Daddy Simon so I’d pay an extra 2-3M just to bring him into the squad.

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

People saying ‘25m is too much for Mings, move on’..

Who to? 25m rated Webster? 

We need to get real, fast. I know we don’t want to get ripped off but if anyone came knocking for our players, we’d do exactly the same. 

Don't think either of them are worth 25m, especially not Mings. However, I suspect we are looking abroad, or at least I hope we are. I cannot believe we are looking at all these Championship players.

38 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have never seen him play so I have no clue how good or shit he is.

I have seen the highlights reel for last season and thought he looked solid enough. He isn't full of fancy stepovers and other tricks, but he is a good crosser, possesses a quick burst of pace, has an eye for a goal and is a quality set piece taker.

Whether he can make the step up from Turkish football to the Premier league is a different subject altogether. But you would think, as an experienced international player, he had it in his locker to raise his game. 

34 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

I still want ollie Watkins from brentford but I think he will be another 20m player 

I now live in devon, he was class for Exeter and i banged on about him when we were relegated. Runs all game and is a tricky so and so with good skills.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

He can head it and kick it away no problem. Maybe lost a bit of pace but then Mings/Hause with their athleticism could cover the ground. Been a regular for years at Chelsea playing 30 + games as they win premier leagues and go deep in champions league.

He also plays in a position where many players are at their best in their early 30s. Sergio Ramos is rated as one of best CBs in europe, he's 33. Brazil have Thiago Silva who's 34.

What is this odd criteria we place for CBs out of interest?

It's not really odd for a team who require ball carrying centre halves to want to sign ball carrying centre halves.

As a consequence of this they also need to be relatively athletic and pacey. I dunno, maybe we will change our style of play, but I wouldn't do so just to accommodate Gary Cahill. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

I still want ollie Watkins from brentford but I think he will be another 20m player 

Of all the Brentford players touted for big moves over the last year or so, he's the only one I've seen who looks like he could genuinely step up. 

Can play on the wing, attacking mid or up top, as a stop gap. 

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

Mings represents a player we know, someone acclimatised to the club and has shown his quality for us in the Championship with Premier League experience. If we’re going to pay a premium for someone, he has to be priority #1. The other option is no one or a £5-6m risk from abroad that could be a Mellberg or could be an Okore.

I also wouldn’t be shocked if a decade from now we look back on Mings as a club legend. I don’t think you can put a price on that.

• Like 1