Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Lacking a CB, winger, DMC, untested striker and right back. Personally I think we need one of each as fast as possible 

You mean tried & tested striker ? And Elmo, Bree and Guilbert not good enough RB cover .... 

Edited by thabucks

52 minutes ago, Thats2 said:

I also wouldn’t be shocked if a decade from now we look back on Mings as a club legend. I don’t think you can put a price on that.

Also, he's got proper a rock star name.

Not sure why people think Cahill is not a ball playing centre half? I'd have that as one of his better attributes, playing from the back. Certainly no mug on the ball like is being made out here.

As for the person who said it's like signing Lescott all over again because theyre the same age.. How old was Tonev? 24. Shall we never sign a 24 year old again? Balaban was what 22? Shall we never sign a 22 year old again? 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

You mean tried & tested striker ? And Elmo, Bree and Guilbert not good enough RB cover .... 

He is not tried and tested in any way and we all know it. It's very very likely he will flop, thus I think it's key to land another striker. Guilbert I've never seen play a whole lot. If he holds the level, fine. Bree definately does not. I like him, but he has major development steps to take to belong in the PL. 

If people wanna gamble on unproven PL foreigners to save the day, that's okey. I'd rather add depth so I know we can rotate. And rotate with some quality. 

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

He is not tried and tested in any way and we all know it. It's very very likely he will flop, thus I think it's key to land another striker. Guilbert I've never seen play a whole lot. If he holds the level, fine. Bree definately does not. I like him, but he has major development steps to take to belong in the PL. 

If people wanna gamble on unproven PL foreigners to save the day, that's okey. I'd rather add depth so I know we can rotate. And rotate with some quality. 

Is it very very likely he will flop though? I'm not saying he's nailed on to be a goal machine monster but Smith tends to make players better and he doesn't look shabby to be fair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

You could say that about every position. We aren't signing a £20 million attacking mid if jack gets injured. 

I think if you're expecting £20 million back up players who are happy in that role, you will be disappointed this summer. 

Yes, but we already have meaningful cover in midfield, but striker is a key position. If Wesley doesn’t work out we need options worthy of our ambition, currently we have Davis and Kodjia having said good bye to McCormack and Tammy. I really think we need a half decent back up and not convinced Kodjia is that?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Not sure why people think Cahill is not a ball playing centre half? I'd have that as one of his better attributes, playing from the back. Certainly no mug on the ball like is being made out here.

As for the person who said it's like signing Lescott all over again because theyre the same age.. How old was Tonev? 24. Shall we never sign a 24 year old again? Balaban was what 22? Shall we never sign a 22 year old again? 

He's not a ball carrying centre half, it's a different attribute. Nor does he have the pace to play a high line. Nobody said he was a mug. 

They might go for him anyway, what do I know, but I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, romavillan said:

T to the Y to the R to the O to the N to the E, **** MINGS yes y'all AVFC!

Sounds more hip hop to me ;)

You might have a point. Guess we need to wait for his first single to find out, then. :detect:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Is it very very likely he will flop though? I'm not saying he's nailed on to be a goal machine monster but Smith tends to make players better and he doesn't look shabby to be fair.

Who knows, but people are already talking like he is the star and there's little reason to add to the forward line.  It's not impossible at all he's another Soldado, Kezman, Jo or Alfonso Alves. 

I genuinly think Deano is good at this stuff, but pretending it's not a high uncertainty in regards to how these players will handle the PL with completely new relations, that's naive to me. 

Like most others I love some foreign buys cause you don't really know what you're getting, but it's a long season, suspensions, injuries, bad form. I think it's reasonable to discuss it at least and not pretend we have a first 11 that's all that yet (for all we know). Maybe Guilbert and Wesley will be stupid good. Maybe. I don't know. I just can't say we got a decent team for preseason before we adress more positions. Hause and Jota are not starters for me  so that's a CB, winger and DMC before I can even think it's starting to take shape. 

We all see this differently anyway 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Yes, but we already have meaningful cover in midfield, but striker is a key position. If Wesley doesn’t work out we need options worthy of our ambition, currently we have Davis and Kodjia having said good bye to McCormack and Tammy. I really think we need a half decent back up and not convinced Kodjia is that?

Hey i'm in agreement with you. 

I just don't believe we will spend that amount on a player who isn't first choice and i don't think maupay would join us in that role. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I just don't believe we will spend that amount on a player who isn't first choice and i don't think maupay would join us in that role. 

Smith may play 2 up front next season. Wesley and Maupay would be a good partnership. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Smith may play 2 up front next season. Wesley and Maupay would be a good partnership. 

Can't see it. 

You do that and you lose jack in his best role. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Has he regularly played 2 up front at any club he's managed?

24 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He's not a ball carrying centre half, it's a different attribute. Nor does he have the pace to play a high line. Nobody said he was a mug. 

They might go for him anyway, what do I know, but I'd rather we looked elsewhere.

Surely that's hand ball? 

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think Smith , Purslow and Suso will do what’s right, whatever that is, let’s wait and see....

• Like 1