Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Elmohamady, he's thinking about bidding £20m for him.

Or Mo Salah. Also £20m. Everyone costs £20m.

Maybe 30 million...  Liverpool are only ~1.5 times the size of Brentford...  😂😂😂

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Villa Report saying Suso watched the Egypt game to view two players?

two?

Trezequet and.........?

Some things have been on there this week that he hasn't attributed to anyone which is a shame. That's one. Not seen any evidence anywhere. Also just now said Smith was there.

It has been pretty much the only decent villa account out there and that's because there's no bull or speculation of his own. Just collation. CBA if things are going to be made up on there.

Trezeguet doesn't look much good to me but haven't seen much.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Smith flew out to Egypt over the weekend to watch two targets play at the Africa Cup of Nations. [the telegraph]

So two targets IN Egypt, not two playing for Egypt. 

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Some things have been on there this week that he hasn't attributed to anyone which is a shame. That's one. Not seen any evidence anywhere. Also just now said Smith was there.

It has been pretty much the only decent villa account out there and that's because there's no bull or speculation of his own. Just collation. CBA if things are going to be made up on there.

Trezeguet doesn't look much good to me but haven't seen much.

He was woeful last night.Still,just one game and all that.

• Like 1

I’ve just seen something about Bournemouth being close to signing Jack Stacey from Luton for £4m (What’s that? Another bargain Premier League signing? I didn’t think they existed :rolleyes:). I wonder if us bidding for Mings has coincided with them forking our for him.

Telegraph

"Mings will join Wesley Moraes, Anwar El Ghazi, Kortney Hause, Jota and Matt Targett as the latest new arrival at Villa Park.

Smith is also keen on Leeds midfielder Kalvin Phillips, Bristol City defender Adam Webster and Brentford’s Said Benrahma, but it is understood Villa are reluctant to pay the fees demanded.

Smith flew out to Egypt over the weekend to watch two targets play at the Africa Cup of Nations."

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Telegraph

Smith flew out to Egypt over the weekend to watch two targets play at the Africa Cup of Nations."

My post from earlier this week:

On 04/07/2019 at 15:40, Wes said:

My latest, completely unfounded theory,  is that the DM we want is currently playing in the African Cup of Nations:

• Ellyes Skhiri - Tunisia and Montpellier
  • Ibrahim Sangare - Ivory Coast and Toulouse
  • Ismael Bennacer - Algeria and Empoli (Edit: Already transferred to AC Milan this summer)
  • Marvelous Nakamba - Zimbabwe and Brugge
  • Marco Ilaimaharitra - Madagascar and Charleroi (although likely more of a rotation/backup if we shipped out more from our books)

Of those, personally I like Sangare the most.

Fingers crossed.

Edited by Wes
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Villa Report saying Suso watched the Egypt game to view two players?

two?

Trezequet and.........?

Elneny... 🤷🏻‍♂️ DM who knows the league.... 

Edited by thabucks
Read it he went to watch Egypt not flew to Egypt...

13 minutes ago, Derryvillan said:

He was woeful last night.Still,just one game and all that.

He doesn't even look good on youtube highlights where everyone looks great.

Hope we sign him and he's amazing.

Playes that Smith was watching over the weekend will be from either Egypt, Cameroon, Nigeria, or Algeria, Madagascar, DC Congo, South Africa or Guinea... We have been linked to Bahoken, who scored for Cameroon, I have also wondered if we could possibly make a move for Etobo who plays for Cameroon and Stoke, very good midfielder who might possbibly be an alternative to Phillips.

• Like 1

On 04/07/2019 at 15:40, Wes said:

My latest, completely unfounded theory,  is that the DM we want is currently playing in the African Cup of Nations:

• Ellyes Skhiri - Tunisia and Montpellier
  • Ibrahim Sangare - Ivory Coast and Toulouse
  • Ismael Bennacer - Algeria and Empoli
  • Marvelous Nakamba - Zimbabwe and Brugge
  • Marco Ilaimaharitra - Madagascar and Charleroi (although likely more of a rotation/backup if we shipped out more from our books)

Of those, personally I like Sangare the most.

Nice shout!

Playing this weekend has been:

Uganda v Senegal

Morocco v Benin

Nigeria v Cameroon

Egypt v South Africa

So none of those sadly. I suppose he may have gone earlier than reported and caught Skhiri.

If it's true, it's an interesting move. Get the feeling he's trying to be convinced to sign off on a player. Or maybe both he and Suso were on the fence.

4 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He doesn't have the right attributes. 

Of what not being 20m? Or Being a top quality defender who has won most things, capped by England many times, a wealth of experience, scored overhead kicks against blue noses and probably has a soft spot for us? And on top of this is free? 

Edited by Hobbit Feet
  • Like 2