Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

We won't be signing Maupay. Limited budget, can't spend another £20m on a striker when we have no DMs, and still need a keeper and centre halves.

Although, Smith is so crazy he just might do it.

Since when did we have limited money, and when did Smith become crazy?

The only limit we have on finances is FFP and I believe the owners and senior management take the attitude that we will spend what is necessary to build a competitive squad and deal with FFP when and if we need to. They’re not completely ignoring it but see it as the lesser of two evils between upsetting the authorities and the risk of relegation. This season we need a big rebuild and I believe NSWE don’t want to start back in the PL unarmed as it were. Purslow is an expert on FFP, I think they’ll know how far they can push boundaries and will pay whatever fines come along, I doubt we’d get anything as draconian as a points deduction. Let’s face it a lot of clubs have twisted/broken the rules but no PL club to my recollection has had points deducted. 

As for Smith being so crazy, I’m just baffled as to why you think that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KentVillan said:

He's a self-absorbed bell end, and I can't see DS going for it. The rumour originated with The Sun. Their Aston Villa Twitter feed suggests they aren't exactly experts on what's going on at Villa Park:

So yeah, probably a boring bullshit rumour, and I hope it doesn't turn out to be true.

So no Wesley or Targett in that team. Idiotic newspaper

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Didn't he start the first 3-4 games? He spoke no English so not sure how Sherwood could communicate bar hand signals in training?

Remi Garde was in soon enough, Veretout came back into the team with a manager he could understand (Eric Black could also speak French) and the performances were a bit better.

We were just a mess all round at that stage and waiting to get relegated. Totally different situation now.

He didn’t even try according to Veretout. I’m sure the club had a translators given the number of French players we had. Or a French player who spoke English to translate. 

Sherwood didn’t want him and so binned him off, concentrated more on playing his amazing signings like Lescott and Richards 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He didn’t even try according to Veretout. I’m sure the club had a translators given the number of French players we had. Or a French player who spoke English to translate. 

Sherwood didn’t want him and so binned him off, concentrated more on playing his amazing signings like Lescott and Richards 

Out of interest did Sherwood actually want Richards and Lescott? I only remember a story about him wanting Aaron Lennon, but it never happened. 

22 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Or McGinn 

They are assuming he's off to Man Ure for £50m I imagine, if they were lucid enough between whatever drug of choice they take in their editorial meetings. 

• Like 1

In Sunverse, McGinn will play for Man Utd.

Its a shocking paper. Most of them are now. Their sports writers barely have enough IQ to open their laptops.

32 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Out of interest did Sherwood actually want Richards and Lescott? I only remember a story about him wanting Aaron Lennon, but it never happened. 

Supposedly Richards Lescott and Gestede were his signings and the rest were forced on him. 

I count them all as his signings though. He was the manager, he lives and dies by his signings. Just like Smith does now even though there’s a whole range of people involved. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

I’m certainly no expert. I know no more than anyone on here! That quote isn’t me being negative at all and I’m not sure how you’d take that from it. It’s a simple fact mate.

I was the one that agreed with SGC, so apparently I know f*** all. Not a fact, it's just your opinion..... 

23 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I was the one that agreed with SGC, so apparently I know f*** all. Not a fact, it's just your opinion..... 

If you read my original comment I have said all the media know f*** all.  I'm not sure what that has anything to do with either SGC or yourself.  It's not a negative comment either, its pretty factual.

2 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Bruce finished Chester’s career by leaving us so exposed at the back.

Chester played on during our injury crisis knowing that it was probably going to cost him his career. 99% of players would not have done that.

He deserves every credit and we should keep him on the playing staff for as long as he can meaningfully contribute on the pitch. Let’s help him get his badges and then offer him a coaching position as well.

We owe him - it’s as simple as that. 

Completely agree.

I won't lie and say I rate him as a player as I don't, but I also recognise his professionalism and dedication to the cause when he could have easily just said he was injured and completely left us in the mire.

I wouldnt normally say this but I do agree he deserves to be kept around the club for as long as possible and probably even helped in to coaching with us.

I dont think this would be entirely a charity thing either as he seems to be liked around the club and is an intelligent guy, so if he can work within what DS wants I would have zero issues with him in our coaching team.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

If you read my original comment I have said all the media know f*** all.  I'm not sure what that has anything to do with either SGC or yourself.  It's not a negative comment either, its pretty factual.

Ah depends on how your read it, you said 'they' which I thought referred to the person agreeing with SGC. All good I'm a sensitive idiot 🙄 😂

5 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Ah depends on how your read it, you said 'they' which I thought referred to the person agreeing with SGC. All good I'm a sensitive idiot 🙄😂

No worries, as I said it was nothing to do with either of you!

Philip Billing would be a great signing for us. Won't cost the world, was excellent last season and is only 23. 

We need someone who can operate as a DM. I saw him play for Huddersfield a few times and while I'm no scout I thought he looked like a player destined for the top of the game. 

Got players player and young player awards 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Villastine said:

Philip Billing would be a great signing for us. Won't cost the world, was excellent last season and is only 23. 

We need someone who can operate as a DM. I saw him play for Huddersfield a few times and while I'm no scout I thought he looked like a player destined for the top of the game. 

Got players player and young player awards 

What more can I say? Phil Billing.