Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

36 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I like it, I'm sold now. Get him in. 

Went on a YouTube spiral of Egypt International highlights from this year...  His style of play is just like Salah's, minus the touch, finishing, and class.  He is a hard worker, is just as fast as Salah, loves to dribble past defenders and make them look silly, but his finishing is absolutely horrible.  He seems to be an intelligent footballer, but he just doesn't have the touch to do what he wants to do most of the time.  That said, most of Egypt's team is hilariously bad and when Salah isn't on the pitch, Egypt's team looks like a clown car circus.  Salah looks like he is playing with a bunch of Sunday Leaguers at times, but he does link up the best with Trezeguet.  They both draw defenders away from the other and tend to provide each other with 2-3 solid chances every match.  Trezeguet's chances are much more clear cut and he tends to hit them straight at the keeper or miss the far post completely.  For 10 Million, he's a gamble.  If he works hard on the training ground on his finishing and first touch, he could be a solid mid-table Premier League footballer.  Right now?  He's not a 10 million pound player.  WAAAAAY too raw for the Premier League at this point.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No. You CAN have that contrast, if you wish. It would be a bit of a departure for us however when compared to Mings, Tuanzebe and Hause.

It's nothing personal against Cahill or you btw. I'm sure he'll be a good defender for somebody. I'm sure he would be for us individually. However I have analysed what I think we need and I don't think he fits that, or at the very least I would much prefer us to sign somebody who would require far less tweaking of the system. 

However it is just my opinion. 

Fair enough. Where does Chester fit into your analysis btw if he gets fully fit again? Decent at dropping off and reading things but I wouldn't say he's a great passer and he'll struggle for athleticism with the lay off especially at the top.

1 minute ago, MrSmirch said:

I know jack about Trezugeut but I’m old enough to remember Tonev so I’m not excited

Egypt, the Bulgaria of Africa.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Has he regularly played 2 up front at any club he's managed?

No.

Would probably make sense to sign a wide forward who can also fill in upfront, Iago Falque would be excellent pick up imo. Was at Spurs as a youngster, plays for Torino and hit double figures in his last four seasons in Serie A. Not bad playing second fiddle to Belotti. Not sure if he'd come though with them in Europa league after Milan pulled out.

Everton Riberio having a fantastic Copa America for Brazil. Just scored in the final, he's one of the few in their squad that is home based still. Plays for Gremio.

We've probably missed the boat on him by a few weeks as imagine major clubs will be preparing bids but he's the sort who can play anywhere across the front 3. Would be like when Watford signed Richarlison who was complete unknown and they made a 30m profit on him within a year.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, KMitch said:

He is a hard worker, is just as fast as Salah, loves to dribble past defenders and make them look silly, but his finishing is absolutely horrible.

Looks awful at finishing from that video Farlz posted 🙄🙄

27 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Everton Riberio having a fantastic Copa America for Brazil. Just scored in the final, he's one of the few in their squad that is home based still. Plays for Gremio.

We've probably missed the boat on him by a few weeks as imagine major clubs will be preparing bids but he's the sort who can play anywhere across the front 3. Would be like when Watford signed Richarlison who was complete unknown and they made a 30m profit on him within a year.

Everton Ribeiro is a different player! But agreed, Everton has had a great tournament and will have doubled in price.

29 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He looks a talent, as you say though his performances have probably upped his value and also will have alerted a few clubs. We should be looking at him though. 

The Argentinian winger, Pavon, could be a good signing too, plays predominantly on the right. He's very, very quick and has a decent cross on him, still plays in Argentina with Boca so is certainly available at the right price and would jump at the chance to play in the PL I'd imagine. 

Once we've got Mings signed up, I'm hoping we can nail down a GK, another CB, DM and RW fairly quickly and looking at some of the South American players wouldn't be a bad idea imo.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

28 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If Everton Riberio doesn’t end up at Everton something is wrong in the world.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Fair enough. Where does Chester fit into your analysis btw if he gets fully fit again? Decent at dropping off and reading things but I wouldn't say he's a great passer and he'll struggle for athleticism with the lay off especially at the top.

4th choice. 3rd right now. I wouldn't be horrified if we moved him on. 

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ah nothing like a little loyalty.

4 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Ah nothing like a little loyalty.

Don't think it's got Jack to do with loyalty. We ain't running a charity anymore, and as much as I like Chester and appreciate the effort he has put in helping us get back up he is the wrong side of good enough for where we want to be. 

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Don't think it's got Jack to do with loyalty. We ain't running a charity anymore, and as much as I like Chester and appreciate the effort he has put in helping us get back up he is the wrong side of good enough for where we want to be. 

Well pretty sure he hung around when we were up the creek last year. Also on top of that he played through the pain barrier and damaged his knee possibly permanently due to playing for us because our incompetent management leaving us with no recognised centre backs, he’s earned the right to stay with us and i have every confidence if called upon he will put in a good shift.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He has SPL written all over him now ... offer him to Celtic for Ajer ...

Edited by thabucks