Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Like I said there is a minimal fee release clause. They couldn't stop him talking to us if we met the fee

Yeah it's unlikely I agree and I get the point about the wages but he is a class player that I think would add so much to our defence 

I agree that he's a quality player but there's no way on earth he would join us. He could go to any top four side in Europe so why join us? 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Like I said there is a minimal fee release clause. They couldn't stop him talking to us if we met the fee

Sure, they couldn't stop him talking to us...

...he just wouldn't bother.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Sure, they couldn't stop him talking to us...

...he just wouldn't bother.

Like I said money talks. We all know it does and when they see the ambitions of our owners who knows? Most likely no but worth a shot 

Mooy is a downgrade on McGinn but an upgrade on Hourihane, IMO. Would be a good option but Huddersfield would probably want Brentford money for him. 

Just now, Ponky said:

Mooy is a downgrade on McGinn but an upgrade on Hourihane, IMO. Would be a good option but Huddersfield would probably want Brentford money for him. 

Read some Huddersfield fans said he gave up near the end of the season and would be happy to see him go. Not really attitude I would appreciate if honest

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Like I said money talks. We all know it does and when they see the ambitions of our owners who knows? Most likely no but worth a shot 

I too would love Alderweireld, quality CB and always has been.. but £30m for a 30yr old...   Na.

Besides, he will have a que of suitors - most I imagine offering CL football.

You've more chance of seeing me at Villa playing CB.  B)

Maybe some people are missing the point again... with all this Philips, Butland, Webster talk with fees of upwards of 25million... maybe, we aren’t going to be spending that sort of money on players... that’s why the stories have been dragging on for so long now. Perhaps we made enquires, were given a price, said no, and have already moved on... 

i guess only a couple of people on here can indicate whether that is the case or not. But surely we can’t be expected to spend the best part of say, 70m, on three players. Makes no sense. 

Edited by Tayls

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I too would love Alderweireld, quality CB and always has been.. but £30m for a 30yr old...   Na.

Besides, he will have a que of suitors - most I imagine offering CL football.

You've more chance of seeing me at Villa playing CB.  B)

Rigo5 now trending on Twitter. 

• Haha 1

Alderweireld would be amazing but almost certainly wouldn't come. It would impress me if the owners had the ambition to go for him but he would have better options. 

I think we've more chance of getting Dier or Wanyama from Spurs, neither getting much game time. Reckon Wanyama could be a decent shout, would take him over Phillips and reckon he'd be cheaper.

• Like 1

Erm we are a recently promoted  club who hasn’t won anything in years . Zero chance Alderweireld would come here and forgo championship league football ! Reality check is needed if anyone thinks otherwise. Wanyama is on his way down and has been for a while with little resale value . Sure he could do a job but doesn’t fit out current model and spurs being spurs probably rate him @ £25million .... 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, BOF said:

Aren't Arsenal looking at him?  He'd be an astonishing purchase.  Not a chance in hell, but hey, worth a try.  They can only say no :) 

EDIT : Actually, they could say no on one of those musical cards that has the laughing policeman recorded on it.  That'd be really hurtful.  Best not to try.

Arsenal are looking at a lot of people the only problem is they think it's the early 2000's and think they can get everyone they want (Tierney, Zaha, Fraser) for a combined total of 40mill.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Maybe some people are missing the point again... with all this Philips, Butland, Webster talk with fees of upwards of 25million... maybe, we aren’t going to be spending that sort of money on players... that’s why the stories have been dragging on for so long now. Perhaps we made enquires, were given a price, said no, and have already moved on... 

i guess only a couple of people on here can indicate whether that is the case or not. But surely we can’t be expected to spend the best part of say, 70m, on three players. Makes no sense. 

Man Utd just spent almost that amount on one right back with one season of experience.

£70m for 3 players is pretty cheap now.

Where have you guys been for the past 3 or 4 years?! I’m surprised that people find it so surprising.

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Man Utd just spent almost that amount on one right back with one season of experience.

Where have you guys been for the past 3 or 4 years?! I’m surprised that people find it so surprising.

In the Championship and largely ignoring the other worldly fees being paid at higher levels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

That's because they were constantly pinned back as a team, probably. 

So I've seen people on here avidly promoting signing Kongolo Billing and Mooy. Am I missing something?

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

To previous poster's point I will argue I don't believe +80% of the rumours we're associated with whether I like the target or not. That makes the alleged transfer fee irrelevant and probably just the agents drumming up a price. 

Also AWB is phenomenal player but that's expensive but hey 

10 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

So I've seen people on here avidly promoting signing Kongolo Billing and Mooy. Am I missing something?

Just because Huddersfield’s were collectively awful last season doesn’t mean those players in question are .... Veretout Gana were relegated with us now look at them.... I’d take Kongolo and Billing at the right money in a flash.