Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

7 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

GOOD MORNING ANDY. IT’S 6.38AM AND IT’S THURSDAY!!!

It's 5:44pm Thursday here. I'm afraid it's almost Friday

Edited by Kiwivillan

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Revan is the future I think, very good centre back, he made the bench a few times last season for the first team 

That’s his career ruined then!

;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

I'm sure he'd be desperate to leave the losing CL finalists where he is a guaranteed starter and is living in the world's capital city to come to Birmingham - a city he has no affiliation with - and join Dean Smith's "Project".

If he turns us down so be it.ets be real money talks these days

54 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If he turns us down so be it.ets be real money talks these days

So let me get this straight Dem. On the one had you’re always worried about FFP and want us to be careful with our spending.

On the other hand you want us to blow up our wage structure to tempt a 30 year old centre half to join us!

Which one is it pal?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Conor got played at DM but he's not one. If I look up Mooy heat maps they will be a huge blob inside his own half near halfway line guaranteed

That’s because Huddersfield are shit and spent most of the season camped in their own half. Mooy is an attacking midfielder. 

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Conor got played at DM but he's not one. If I look up Mooy heat maps they will be a huge blob inside his own half near halfway line guaranteed

That's because they were constantly pinned back as a team, probably. 

Tbh this Edouard Mendy goalkeeper and Trézéguet the winger look very good value in this market. £15mil for both would be good and I’d be for it, though I do like Butland.

If we got those two we could target a higher profile and better DM than Phillips, someone like Tonali. I really don’t think Phillips is worth the money and not sure why we’re wasting our time chasing him.

Hopefully we can bring Mings and Tuanzebe back (even on loan) and not spend £25mil on Webster who again isn’t worth it.

Edited by VillaFaninLondon

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So let me get this straight Dem. On the one had you’re always worried about FFP and want us to be careful with our spending.

On the other hand you want us to blow up our wage structure to temp a 30 year old centre half to join us!

Which one is it pal?

Did you read what I wrote? A 'temporary' signing who has said that? He is 30 not 37! so still has a good 3-4 years in him.

Even if he plays 1 or 2  years and keeps us up he would have been worth the money. 

I'm not saying he might be remotely interested in coming but if he has a 25m release clause I'd rather try lure him in than pay 30m on a overhyped championship player in  kalvin Phillips 

Edited by Demitri_C

Just now, villarocker said:

I think DemitriC is talking about Eric Dier. He thinks he's unsettled at Spurs and we should sign him.

Id take dier too but i think he would cost a lot. I was referring to aiderweld.  He has a 25m release clause. 

He would be a real statement signing and is only 30.

• Haha 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Id take dier too but i think he would cost a lot. I was referring to aiderweld.  He has a 25m release clause. 

He would be a real statement signing and is only 30.

He's by far there best defender. Why would 1) They let him go and 2) He come to us?

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Did you read what I wrote? A 'temporary' signing who has said that? He is 30 not 37! so still has a good 3-4 years in him.

Even if he plays 1 or 2  years and keeps us up he would have been worth the money. 

I'm not saying he might be remotely interested in coming but if he has a 25m release clause I'd rather try lure him in than pay 30m on a overhyped championship player in  kalvin Phillips 

Sorry It was a typo. I meant ‘tempt’

The point is he would probably cost at least  7-8 million in wages to be tempted to join us. (That’s being conservative).

I personally couldn’t care less if we blew our wage structure on a player of that calibre but your the one that is normally cautious about our spending so I’m suprised you want us to sign him.

its wages that have killed us over the years. Not transfer fees.

edit: Not that he would ever join us anyway.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Just now, carewjust4u said:

Eric Dier is a young version of Jedinak, a beast that cannot pass.

Eric Dier is a poorer version of Glenn Whelan, cant pass and a pathetic hardman

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, villarocker said:

He's by far there best defender. Why would 1) They let him go and 2) He come to us?

Like I said there is a minimal fee release clause. They couldn't stop him talking to us if we met the fee

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sorry It was a typo. I meant ‘tempt’

The point is he would probably cost at least  7-8 million in wages to be tempted to join us. (That’s being conservative).

I personally couldn’t care less if we blew our wage structure on a player of that calibre but your the one that is normally cautious about our spending so I’m suprised you want us to sign him.

its wages that have killed us over the years. Not transfer fees.

edit: Not that he would ever join us anyway.

Yeah it's unlikely I agree and I get the point about the wages but he is a class player that I think would add so much to our defence