Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Well I mean you had McCarthy and Patricio in FPL so I’m assuming you’re just not very good at that game... ;)

7000th odd out of +6 million this season gone. 1021st 3 seasons ago. 4.5/4.5 keepers is the smart spend

Edited by Kiwivillan

13 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Hearing from an ITK mate that Tyrone Mings is going on Love Island as a "bombshell" entry and won't finalise a contract with Villa until the series is over (end of July).

Not even making it up.

I presume you are making it up but if not I can definitely get some ITK on this...

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Seems unfair on Redmond - a good PL winger on the fringes of the England squad. He’d walk into our team and do a decent job on the right wing.

I totally agree Redmond is a decent player and would go straight into our team, but so would any decent right winger with the squad we have at the moment.

Trouble is in todays market he would cost £30m+ and we arent in a position like most prem clubs trying to meet the home grown criteria, meaning we could pick up better value abroad

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Reported by Acura Sports News that Webster has been given up on as you won't meet the £30m valuation.

Quite who ASN are, I have no idea.

Translation: We were never in for him and people are covering their tracks

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

I totally agree Redmond is a decent player and would go straight into our team, but so would any decent right winger with the squad we have at the moment.

Trouble is in todays market he would cost £30m+ and we arent in a position like most prem clubs trying to meet the home grown criteria, meaning we could pick up better value abroad

I’m not remotely suggesting we sign him, I just thought lumping him in with the other players mentioned was harsh. 

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Reported by Acura Sports News that Webster has been given up on as you won't meet the £30m valuation.

Quite who ASN are, I have no idea.

Not suprising.. you lot down there are never going to hold us to ransom.

For every Maupay theres a Wesley, for every Benramha theres an El Ghazi.

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

7000th odd out of +6 million this season gone. 1021st 3 seasons ago. 4.5/4.5 keepers is the smart spend

Well with a record like that I for one won’t be questioning your player analysis again. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Junxs said:

I've gone back 3 seasons. 7 goals and 1 assist in 37 games in 16/17. That's 102 games 14 goals and 8 assists. That's appalling returns especially assists for a winger. 

2 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Alderweireld would be amazing but almost certainly wouldn't come. It would impress me if the owners had the ambition to go for him but he would have better options. 

I think we've more chance of getting Dier or Wanyama from Spurs, neither getting much game time. Reckon Wanyama could be a decent shout, would take him over Phillips and reckon he'd be cheaper.

Absolute great shout. Wanyama I would much prefer to Phillips.  Has experience in better league's and I think be a great fit here.

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I've gone back 3 seasons. 7 goals and 1 assist in 37 games in 16/17. That's 102 games 14 goals and 8 assists. That's appalling returns especially assists for a winger. 

I’m joking around about your FPL record but I am surprised those stats aren’t more impressive - not a high level of assists at all.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Not suprising.. you lot down there are never going to hold us to ransom.

For every Maupay theres a Wesley, for every Benramha theres an El Ghazi.

I know Brentford are eager with adding zeroes to a player value, but they can't be blamed for Bristol's valuations surely? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Bit of a chicken and the egg situation, is it Redmond's lack of delivery or Shane Long scoring about 2 goals in the last decade.

7 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I’m not remotely suggesting we sign him, I just thought lumping him in with the other players mentioned was harsh. 

SGC has mentioned all of them as good signings so lumped in. Redmond is shit. His returns backs that up. Watching him backs that up. This can only be some misplaced English media hype which I have no interest in

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Bit of a chicken and the egg situation, is it Redmond's lack of delivery or Shane Long scoring about 2 goals in the last decade.

Long is a fringe player. They had Austin Gabbiadini Ings all ahead of him and as I said previously majority of Redmonds 6 goals 4 assists last season were playing as striker due to Ings injured