Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

36 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

ITK from Villa or ITK from ITV?

Please do - would be good to confirm either way whether the Mings to Casa Amor loan rumours are true.

ITK from Love Island / ITV yes, I’ve asked. And no I haven’t watched it 😀 though I can make an exception if Mings appears I suppose 😍

Edited by fightoffyour

12 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Just read somewhere that Ezri Konsa has a £12m release clause, didn't our resident Brentford fan quote us £20m for him? Might be worth a look!

Where did you see that?

13 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Just read somewhere that Ezri Konsa has a £12m release clause, didn't our resident Brentford fan quote us £20m for him? Might be worth a look!

Brentfords whole business model is buy low and sell high. No way they are going to add that to a contract.

37 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where did you see that?

35 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Brentfords whole business model is buy low and sell high. No way they are going to add that to a contract.

Saw it here:

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/news/11681/11755940/fulham-keen-to-sign-brentford-centre-back-ezri-konsa

Fulham are interested in signing defender Ezri Konsa from west London rivals Brentford, Sky Sports News understands.

The Whites have made strengthening at centre-back a priority this summer and would prefer to sign Konsa on loan.

The 21-year-old, who has two years left on his Bees contract plus the option of a further year, is also being tracked by a host of Premier League clubs.

There have been reports that Wolves are interested, but Sky Sports News has been told that is not the case.

Konsa's contract is understood to contain a release clause in the region of £12m, but the Bees have other contractual protections in place should that be activated.

Not the most reliable in the world I know but better than some, if true I'd like to think we would be looking.

Edited by blandy
quoted extract of article
  • Thanks 1

I mentioned him previously but I would like us to bid for Krystian Bielik from Le Arse ... can play CB & DM and seeking first team football and wants to leave.... Had a good U21 tournament from what I’ve read and excelled at Charlton last season (yes I know that was Division 1) surely worth a punt 🤷🏻‍♂️...

I would of thought as Dean Smith knows his game and we need CB’s if Konza was worth it and does indeed have a release clause we would of already of signed him surely and got him early ?! 

Edited by thabucks
Spelling

39 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

ITK from Love Island / ITV yes, I’ve asked. And no I haven’t watched it 😀 though I can make an exception if Mings appears I suppose 😍

Only if he is still wearing the full play off fit

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I have only seen him once at Villa Park for Brentford last season, based on that match, he looked class but that’s all I have to go on, you?

Didn’t we score 3 against them?! 

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Got loads of time. Most signings are done in the last week and we have already done 5. 

Agreed. Of all PL teams we might even have been the busiest?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Agreed. Of all PL teams we might even have been the busiest?

Yes we have been. Other teams are now signing more players so I think we will see more movement over the next week or 2. 

42 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

The post I was responding to was addressing the potential £25m+ signings of Butland, Phillips and Webster. Why are Phillips and Webster genuine PL potential, but Daniel James is "21 and has one season in the Championship under his belt" ? They've each had one good season.

None of these 3 has "Set the world alight" as you refer to with Trossard, and yet we're meant to believe that signing them for £70m would be cheap?

Every other 'big' signing might be one of the most expensive players ever, but we're not a team making big signings. We're a team making signings to build a squad that can survive, or push for mid-table, in the Prem, so why are we comparing the prices we're paying to Wan bloody Bissaka?

EDIT: Also, Craig Dawson has 153 Premier League appearances under his belt and is only 3 years older than Butland. He's now in his prime, for a defender. Hence, he is my definition of a cheap, 'bargain' Premier League player.

You're comparing apples with oranges the whole way through here.

Phillips has had several good spells for Leeds before last season, and has 150+ league appearances. He's clearly ready to compete in the Premier League. Butland is 2nd choice England keeper, loads of PL experience, and given keepers typically play to age 35/36, he has another 10 years of his career left.

Daniel James is a great prospect, but at 21 with 33 league appearances to his name he's clearly more of a gamble. Nobody knows how he'll deal with setbacks, how he can adapt to different systems, whether his body can handle a full season of matches, etc. Also Swansea seem to have offloaded him at the first sign of interest. That's why he's available for £15m.

You also don't know what add-ons, wages, bonuses, etc. are written into the deals. Purslow is no mug, and I doubt anyone is pulling our pants down, even if some of the fees look a bit scary. The proof is in the pudding - let's see how things look at the end of this season, but I strongly believe we will be seen as one of the clubs who did good business.

• Like 1

I saw sander Berge mentioned in the Phillips thread ... know nothing about him, can any of our Norwegian fans shed any light on him and whether he could be a success in the Prem.. ? Transfermarkt has his value down as almost £20mill though is that realistic ?