Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’re after Alex McCarthy from Southampton according to skysports.com, very good keeper I think

Gunn is the good keeper. McCarthy is ok. Southampton cast offs. Not ok with that. Don't believe it so irrelevant

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Man Utd just spent almost that amount on one right back with one season of experience.

£70m for 3 players is pretty cheap now.

Where have you guys been for the past 3 or 4 years?! I’m surprised that people find it so surprising.

I agree. I know it’s just paper talk, but Leicester are apparently in for two players, I can’t be bothered to go back and look who, for a combined amount of £70m. That’s where the market is at. Pay up or go down. 

Sure we can still negotiate and look for bargains, but we need a large number of players to go straight into the first team. It’s gonna cost!

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I agree. I know it’s just paper talk, but Leicester are apparently in for two players, I can’t be bothered to go back and look who, for a combined amount of £70m. That’s where the market is at. Pay up or go down. 

Sure we can still negotiate and look for bargains, but we need a large number of players to go straight into the first team. It’s gonna cost!

My general impression from a lot of posts on here last few weeks is many people are completely out of touch with the money being exchanged in PL last few seasons. A lot of them are turkey buys. Just look at the money Chelsea and Liverpool payed for some players that were junk or barely kicked a ball

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’re after Alex McCarthy from Southampton according to skysports.com, very good keeper I think

Yeah but Gary you haven’t got a bad word to say about any player! I can’t knock your positivity though!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yeah but Gary you haven’t got a bad word to say about any player! I can’t knock your positivity though!

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think all their keepers are good, Forster too

I can't take your opinion seriously. It's like your basing your opinion off Championship Manager several years ago. Austin, Redmond, Forster. Absolute garbage. You know we have rich owners that are looking forwards not backwards right?

• Like 2

Gunn came in against Chelsea for "tactical" reasons and McCarthy came straight back then was dropped for Gunn semi-permanently and Saints fans didn't want McCarthy back. 16th placed cast off keeper and people don't want Championship players? Astonishing

Forster has lost it in the same way joe Hart did only downhill for him now . McCarthy I feel could of been a great keeper if he had made the right career choices ... No better than Steer so pretty pointless in my view unless we can pick him up cheaply... 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Forster has lost it in the same way joe Hart did only downhill for him now . McCarthy I feel could of been a great keeper if he had made the right career choices ... No better than Steer so pretty pointless in my view unless we can pick him up cheaply... 

Did Hart ever have it or just play for a rich club? He filled in at Burnley and was dropped like a hot turd when Heaton was fit again and Heaton was leaky as hell 

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Did Hart ever have it or just play for a rich club? He filled in at Burnley and was dropped like a hot turd when Heaton was fit again and Heaton was leaky as hell 

Always overrated but his concentration seems to have completely evaporated over the past 3/4 years. Since then he has left in more soft goals and made more stupid mistakes than he ever had previously.

35 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I think he was good when he first burst on the scene, but since then he's dropped off dramatically. 

There were rumours that due to injuries he sustained a few years ago, he now has restricted movement which limits the way in which he can turn, dive etc.  Might be rubbish, but would make sense.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I can't take your opinion seriously. It's like your basing your opinion off Championship Manager several years ago. Austin, Redmond, Forster. Absolute garbage. You know we have rich owners that are looking forwards not backwards right?

Seems unfair on Redmond - a good PL winger on the fringes of the England squad. He’d walk into our team and do a decent job on the right wing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Seems unfair on Redmond - a good PL winger on the fringes of the England squad. He’d walk into our team and do a decent job on the right wing.

7 goals 7 assists last season. No sorry last 2 seasons. 65 games for those returns and he played the last 15 odd as striker. He's a myth. Super cheap in FPL for a reason. He was the next big thing when he moved from Norwich and has been a complete flop 

Edited by Kiwivillan

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

7 goals 7 assists last season. No sorry last 2 seasons. 65 games and he played the last 15 odd as striker. He's a myth. Super cheap in FPL for a reason

Well I mean you had McCarthy and Patricio in FPL so I’m assuming you’re just not very good at that game... ;)

• Haha 1