Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’d have to say Philips as never seems Marvellous play. But I do like us signing players from a club with a repution or producing top talent. Indicates we have good relations.

I think you should watch Marvellous play for Zimbabwe in their remaining AFCON games and you might just change your mind. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, John said:

& Alan McInally, Dalian Atkinson, Dion Dublin, Darren Bent...as well as Juan Pablo, Dwight Yorke and Dean Saunders although I accept that they were different types of strikers. 

Yes to all of them, except McInally. Never seen. Sounds like a golfing buddy of Happy Gilmore 

38 minutes ago, John said:

& Alan McInally, Dalian Atkinson, Dion Dublin, Darren Bent...as well as Juan Pablo, Dwight Yorke and Dean Saunders although I accept that they were different types of strikers. 

OP was referring to hold up play, not overall ability as a striker tbf..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Linked with Reims & Senegal goalkeeper Eduoard Mendy according to French Football Weekly's Jeremy Smith. He was bang on about a few of our French signings a few summers back.

Quick Google search and we were also linked with him last summer

16 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Linked with Reims & Senegal goalkeeper Eduoard Mendy according to French Football Weekly's Jeremy Smith. He was bang on about a few of our French signings a few summers back.

Looks very good on YouTube

3 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Quick Google search and we were also linked with him last summer

Lol - just had to double check his tweet there but it was definitely from 21 mins ago. He says he's excellent. Norwich have contacted Reims about him too.

9 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Excited for tomorrow. I can vouch for @Delphinho123 as he has had info previously that was spot on. In fact I remember him getting in trouble for some things!

Haha, thanks @omariqy. Funnily enough, similar source. 

But like I’ve said, I can’t promise anything will happen, there are massive variables at play and what I’ve been told could be completely duff information. 

TBH, apart from all the smiley faces and trophies, this has been a bad move on my part. I’m going to get pelters on here if nothing happens.

Thats thug life though I suppose.

• Haha 1

watched the highlights of the u21 3-3 draw with Croatia, blimey didnt Tomori and Konsa look pretty poor. (looked poor in other matches also)

Not sure the lineup/setup helped, seems the manager did a 12 year olds usual risque plan of putting 6 attacking players in the 6 midfield/forward positions? (as in not a balanced / defensive midfielder in sight), reminds me of when i was eight and i thought a team of 11 gazza's would be the sh*t! :P