Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

24 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The clubs don't really sell them for cheap. I think it is something to do with the joint agency that Foshun and mendez own. They are somehow paying the players (and presumably clubs) some of the money owed (directly from Foshun?) through that route so it doesn't go on the official books. 

They're almost definitely circumventing FFP by paying reduced agent fees, the released figures looked like they'd saved somewhere between £10-15m which is another player, whether or not they can avoid him taking a portion of the players wages too meaning they get paid less but take more home

There's the rumour that rainola or whatever his name is wants a £10m fee for de ligt, in the wolves / Mendes scenario fosun can just pay him that direct, outside of the club and outside of FFP 

That's the main benefit that I can see, I don't see that if wolves wanted James Rodriguez this summer he would have joined just because he's a Mendes client, he has influence but not control 

33 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

O.k I just think he's a good player, much rather have him at base of midfield than Phillips or Hayden who are boring links to me.

We'll get plenty of penalties with likes of Jack and El Ghazi in our team so he could still score 5-10.

Boring? Have you watched any of them play? How many penalties did we win last season and Tammy take? It's not like we don't already have penalty takers so we're not gaining extra goals. Honestly I find Mili an average CDM that is just a unicorn stats wise because of scoring penalties that Zaha wins

23 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Boring? Have you watched any of them play? How many penalties did we win last season and Tammy take? It's not like we don't already have penalty takers so we're not gaining extra goals. Honestly I find Mili an average CDM that is just a unicorn stats wise because of scoring penalties that Zaha wins

DM is important position for us. If we get it right we'll be really strong in that area with the other two we have.

I'd prefer guy experinced at international level. Milo also played many seasons in champions league with Olympiakos. I'm not just saying signing him but if we are spending big money in that position I just think he'd be a much better fit than Kalvin Phillips (never capped by England at any level) and Issac Hayden (just strikes me as an average midfield player, similar to guys like Danny Guthrie, Steve Sidwell and Ashley Westwood).

Like CB it's no place for a rookie imo. If we want to fly up the league over next 2-3 seasons we need to be signing good quality international players in these areas. Leicester (Wilfred Ndidi), Everton (Andre Gomes) and Wolves (Joao Moutinho).

All finished in the top half last season so that's the template imo.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, jim said:

Post reported.

I thought I was in the lovely ladies thread for a second there and was about to whip out my todger...

Imagine my disappointment when the next post was a guy with an arse for a face. 

Post reported. I have the word ‘todger’ on my google alerts. Imagine my disappointment!

I pre-whipped the todger out before I loaded the thread too. This restaurant is NOT pleased, and the blame is firmly with you Jim.

Edited by Rob182
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Post reported. I have the word ‘todger’ on my google alerts. Imagine my disappointment!

I pre-whipped the todger out before I loaded the thread too. This restaurant is NOT pleased, and the blame is firmly with you Jim.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d128d4c735a776855

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just to keep everyone entertained whilst we await news.....

Quality!! One thing I noticed, Kodjia was in good positions to finish a few of the crosses but Abraham got to it before him, really think Kodjia can do well. But we'll miss Tammy for sure

58 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If the rumours are to be believed, we aren’t messing around and are showing a bit of ambition. These new owners clearly aren’t messing around, long may it continue, we mean business again 

Which rumours? :D 

@Delphinho123 do you have a rough hour, minute, second and nano second when Wednesday will become good?

Its Wednesday in 1.5 hours, not sure i can stay at peak excitement performance levels for all 24 of Wednesdays hours straight, i would prob end up looking like this by mid day...

sad little women la GIF by Lifetime

Edited by MaVilla
  • Haha 1