Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Confirmation from Percy that Justin is off to Leicester. Medical tomorrow. 

£6m initial fee, disappointed we've not made more of that for whatever reason. 

Who are leicesters first choice full backs?

Seems a bit strange to me that he would choose Leicester over us unless he was guaranteed first team football with them?

I don't mean to be bias, but I would probably choose villa over Leicester now we are promoted, maybe I am being biased and not realising it though.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Think he preferred Leicester in the end which is fair enough. 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Seems a bit strange to me that he would choose Leicester over us unless he was guaranteed first team football with them?

He's a right back isn't he? Think they finally released Danny Simpson and Ricardo Periera can be played further up in midfield so it's an area where he can play lots of minutes if he quickly adapts.

Just now, VillaChris said:

He's a right back isn't he? Think they finally released Danny Simpson and Ricardo Periera can be played further up in midfield so it's an area where he can play lots of minutes if he quickly adapts.

Left back. Chilwell with Justin as backup I imagine. 

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

i think he is actually a right back who played last season for luton at LB, so can do either, but afaik he's right footed.

8 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Shame.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Left back. Chilwell with Justin as backup I imagine. 

Ah right. Well there was talk a while ago that Chilwell was big target for Man. City but that seems to have gone quiet. Guess Leicester will keep Chilwell for another year and then sell him next summer and have Luton guy ready to take over.

Leicester have signed many players from lower leagues in last 2-3 years who've gone on to be regulars in their first team so can fully understand why he'd go there.

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I don't mean to be bias, but I would probably choose villa over Leicester now we are promoted, maybe I am being biased and not realising it though.

You say this as if Leicester haven't recently won the Premier League and aren't already established in it.

Sometimes we need to remove the specs.

Yes we are Aston Villa, but some other clubs, are also other clubs with something to show.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

You’re being biased. Sure we are a bigger club but Leicester are looking to challenge top six, we are looking to stay up. Might all be different in a year but that’s the reality now. 

• Like 3

If we're signing a keeper for 20m we might have loftier ambitions than simply surviving but I take the point.

Justin was an interesting proposition. Versatile young player that looks ready for the top flight from what I've seen. Ah well. Plenty more out there.

Edited by Mazrim

4 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

You’re being biased. Sure we are a bigger club but Leicester are looking to challenge top six, we are looking to stay up. Might all be different in a year but that’s the reality now. 

Leicester also got a very good record of signing players from lower leagues and they quickly get called by England. Harry Maguire, Gray, James Maddison and Harvey Barnes all players with senior or under 21s. Even Vardy going back, first season in premier league he got England call despite scoring very few goals that year.

That would've been a factor in his decision aswell.

5 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

i was actually thinking more that he would probably get more of a first chance shot with us and could grow with the team, but if he is confident he can break through at Leicester then fair enough.

• Like 1

If we'd signed Justin for 6m there'd be wailing about spending that much on a League 1( now promoted)player. Now people upset he went to Leicester. Funny

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's also missing out on the chance to play on the same team as Jack Grealish. Poor lad.

And he could have been JJV ....how cool would that have been ?

He will join the long list of players who snubbed us and spent the rest of his life regretting it.

• Like 1