Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

2 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I had a dog walking job when young, found a magazine, reading it on the walk, the owner comes out of nowhere and says "ever seen a real pair?" I was like, "no" she said "if only you were a bit older"

I need to go back and claim that offer.

Was this the dog owner or the magazine owner?

3 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I had a dog walking job when young, found a magazine, reading it on the walk, the owner comes out of nowhere and says "ever seen a real pair?" I was like, "no" she said "if only you were a bit older"

You walk dogs past Craig Gardner's nan's house?

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Let me stop you right there. Can't compare anyone in the world to Wolves as they have an agent giving them the players he wants. They don't have a proper transfer policy. It is literally who will uncy Jorge give us.

Looking at this mendy's agent, they have quite a few wolves players on their books. Doherty, Coady, Ruddy, Bennett e.t.c

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Mate. She’s a peado. 

So I've booked the day off tomorrow based on VillaTalk.  School run, early haircut, pack lunch, factor 50, then where to put my deck chair to see our new signing arrive?  Villa Park?  Bodymoor Heath?  Belfry?  Julie B's basement? 

chair dancing GIF

• Like 1

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

If there is to be a signing tomorrow then you would think it would break in the media tonight at the latest?

Why? Wesley came from nowhere, all in an afternoon we had a rumour and announcement 

9 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am not a big fan of having tunnel vision on a player when you get find so many bargains with a proper scouting network. I do however think there's a slight difference between us claiming  £ 30 million for Grealish and Leeds wanting £ 30 million for Phillips. Firstly Grealish was a stand out player in this league. More often than not he won matches by himself. He was injured and we fell to shit. He came back and we got promoted. Phillips is not there at all.

Secondly Grealish was tracked by spurs. A champions league outfit. Thus  £ 30 million is not utterly unreasonable. Phillips is tracked by a host of relegation candidates. Slightly different story. 

I wouldn't mind us signing Phillips. He seems to me the type of player we need. But for £ 30 million? Have a word. Not even sure I'd go above £ 17 million. Just seems bad value for money in either case. 

You can make up whatever argument for or against a certain price for a player. Spurs could look at that and say "Championship player, unproven in the PL, doesn't score or assist many etc etc...worth no more than 15m". At the end of the day it's whatever the club think he's worth. If you think it's too much it's probably because the club doesn't want to sell him.

Maybe Kalvin Phillips is just as important to Leeds as Grealish is to us. Perhaps Bielsa considers him integral to their promotion push and without him he feels they can't get promoted? Is he worth 30m now? See where I'm going with this? I know Jack is a special player, but can we not downplay other teams' best players because they're not Jack? Phillips is no mug himself, he was one of the best midfielders in the league last season. Either we pay what they want or we move elsewhere.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 1