Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

football manager has it wrong. basically if your signing is like 70% of your record transfer fee then a WP is basically a sure thing. wesley will be our record signing so we have no concerns

Then we subsequently sign players for twice Wesley's fee...

Clever.

21 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

It's nice to be in a position where I almost entirely trust the board, the coach and the scouting team.

Imagine still having Xia, Bruce and their teams in charge of the club going into this summer rebuild. Frightening.

It would, of course, be a re-build for the Championship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Monday - Wesley
Wednesday - Unknown Signing
Friday - Signing

Buzzing for Wednesday. 

😎

Is “Signing” another Brazilian name? Is he like Carlos Signing de Jimamez Perreira or something?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

While waiting for movement to happen i decided to fire up Football Manager 2019 for shits and giggles

Should have had some prunes and watched the fast show instead

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

What are you thinking then Trent? GK, LB, 2 x CB, DM, LM, RM, ST?

I think we need 3 new CB, I’m not sure if Chester is fit and I see Hause as a back up/LB. Taylor/Hause is good enough as LB options for the time being imo. As ST I’m happy with Wesley and Kodjia and then Davies as back up.

Ideally we buy a LB ans ST as well, but would rather use the money to get our first options in the other positions and an extra CB.

2 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Drągowski's asked to leave Fiorentina as he won't get ahead of Lafont (despite edging him for the more solid 'keeper for my money, Lafont's still a bit raw).  Had an absolutely barn-storming season on loan last year, for the reported figures being thrown around for the likes of a Butland/Etheridge, I really don't think there's much difference - if any - ability wise and he'd probably cost half as much.  What price Prem experience though, I suppose?

I think with a goalkeeper, given our luck, Prem experience is vital... everything we say about any keeper without it could have been said about Kalinic. If we are spending the money let’s remove as many variables as possible. Other positions can be more of a gamble!

• Like 2