Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

56 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Someone posted a link to Etsy with lots of Villa stuff on it. I was having a look and found an advert for newspaper headline birthday cards. Basically you could add your name to the headline which said something like, “Villa to sign (your name) in massive £125m deal”. I’m expecting to see a James Nursery rumour based on that any day now. 

Can't believe we're signing a player without a name for £125m! Smith out!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

Someone posted a link to Etsy with lots of Villa stuff on it. I was having a look and found an advert for newspaper headline birthday cards. Basically you could add your name to the headline which said something like, “Villa to sign (your name) in massive £125m deal”. I’m expecting to see a James Nursery rumour based on that any day now. 

Do you think if he heard of a post on here that said "Villa to sign Villa Rocker for £125m" he would then write an article saying that Villa are in for a little known Argentine player named Villas Roja?

It'll be interesting to see who was even close to our signings once we've finished our dealings. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

It reads like they've been watching this thread.

What better source is there for transfer window news? 

Nice to see us in the press again, let's hope that we next make headlines having actually signed a player or three. This week would be good!

While waiting for movement to happen i decided to fire up Football Manager 2019 for shits and giggles

I signed wesley  moraes for 20m and for the life of me could not get him a work permit,had to loan him to angers in france

Hope it isnt the case in reality!

11 hours ago, villan-scott said:

5 years married and a wife 26 weeks pregnant. I’d rate my chances slim to none for the foreseeable 🤣

Don't be to sure on that one mate, you can get a nice surprise if your lucky up until quite late in the pregnancy.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, villan-scott said:

5 years married and a wife 26 weeks pregnant. I’d rate my chances slim to none for the foreseeable 🤣

All I'll say is this, if she gives birth naturally make sure you ask the gyno to put an extra couple of stitches in! ;)

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

While waiting for movement to happen i decided to fire up Football Manager 2019 for shits and giggles

I signed wesley  moraes for 20m and for the life of me could not get him a work permit,had to loan him to angers in france

football manager has it wrong. basically if your signing is like 70% of your record transfer fee then a WP is basically a sure thing. wesley will be our record signing so we have no concerns

• Like 1

It's nice to be in a position where I almost entirely trust the board, the coach and the scouting team.

Imagine still having Xia, Bruce and their teams in charge of the club going into this summer rebuild. Frightening.

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

What are you thinking then Trent? GK, LB, 2 x CB, DM, LM, RM, ST?

Exactly that, I’m an ideal world that is what we need.

I guess we can add in Jan as well but I think we need to add the bulk of the above this window.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Did you have £ 20 million to spend?