Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Total strawman. Nobody har said anything like it. 

Oh dear lord. I'm not sure you actually understand what a strawman is.

Anyway, to your point (such that it is) - I thought you were moaning about the lack of signings. What do you think is going on then? enlighten us.......

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, villarocker said:

We need to make sure we build a team of calm players that don't celebrate when scoring or making clearances - this VAR doesn't half make an impact on a game!

Edit: I wonder if Zimbabwe have a player called Calmness Personified in their ranks? 

This will be our line up v spurs 

Screenshot_2019-06-23-20-52-00-820_com.android.chrome.png

2 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Have read that Victor Wanyama may be surplus to requirements at Spurs. Don't know what he'd cost or what his wages would be, but he's a good player

I’d take him, just the kind of player we need 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Have read that Victor Wanyama may be surplus to requirements at Spurs. Don't know what he'd cost or what his wages would be, but he's a good player

He was a very good player but is on a downward trajectory and, I believe, we are targeting players with the possibility to improve.  Smith has never bought, as far as I am aware, players at the wrong end of their career and it has worked for him on a significantly lower budget than his rivals.

• Like 1

To be fair @pete101, Sneezy has some power behind him and a nose for goal.

Are the seven dwarfs brothers or just colleagues on a house share?

Edited by 8pints
Plus. they all have beards, which we know is a VT squad requirement
  • Haha 2

Right, so been accompanying my lady to "House sit" and take care of her friends dogs while she is out of town.

Decided to play their FIFA 15 in Manager mode with Villa of course.

Few things stand out:

Signed Kongolo to play at Left Back - BEAST, playing at Left back and developing quickly.

Trying to sign Mings - Bournemouth won't let him go as "They have just signed him from Ipswich and have no interest in letting him go"

Wesley - Bought him at 18 and he doesn't even have a face, not developing quickly enough for my liking however I'm guessing much was not known about him. Scores for fun in my team though as I'm ace at it (Playing on Amateur mode🙄)

And my British based scout has just recommended me to have a look at Scott Hogan 🤣.

Signed Ruben Neves and Jota.

Bare in mind this is 2015 so I still had the likes of Lescott, Sinclair, Gabby, Nzogbia, etc, whom I've quickly flogged.

Kept Okore though!

Trying to sign the better players we have been linked with.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

He was a very good player but is on a downward trajectory and, I believe, we are targeting players with the possibility to improve.  Smith has never bought, as far as I am aware, players at the wrong end of their career and it has worked for him on a significantly lower budget than his rivals.

I  can see what you're saying but Smith hasn't done it -yet- in the Premier league and it might be a bit different there. He may need some Premier league experience to go with the youth!

Just now, pintpotvilla said:

MON didn't think so He hardly played him last season!

MON didnt like him, so he's probably quite a classy non thug type player then? :P

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Oh dear lord. I'm not sure you actually understand what a strawman is.

Anyway, to your point (such that it is) - I thought you were moaning about the lack of signings. What do you think is going on then? enlighten us.......

I agree. Poor example 😂 In my excuse I read and posted within a squat 1RM break, which almost made me shit myself. Sorry for stupid. 

I just found it weird to argue against moaning at lack of signings, then present a sarcastic scenario nobody would ever believe. 

Obviously we're doing work, but if we're going into the pre-season without 4-5 more signings of outfield players, then I don't think we're working hard enough. 

11 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

I  can see what you're saying but Smith hasn't done it -yet- in the Premier league and it might be a bit different there. He may need some Premier league experience to go with the youth!

Heaton ticks the boxes for me and I would also get Kieran Gibbs who I'm sure I read could be had for £3m.  Both have bags of PL experience and would cost £8m combined compared to the £30m for linked equivalents leaving us money to deploy elsewhere.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

We'll get stuffed with only 7 players.

Numbers 1 & 3 look like they have let themselves go a bit in pre season as well!!!

That number 7 looks like he's related to Gary Lineker?

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

By freezing cold, you still mean mid 20’s don’t you 😝

Mid 20's? Don't where you think I'm from but no that's not the temperature. You're right there is no snow but that doesn't mean it isn't cold!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

We'll get stuffed with only 7 players.

Numbers 1 & 3 look like they have let themselves go a bit in pre season as well!!!

Think we’ll suffer from set pieces with that line up.

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

Shinji Kagawa ? 

hmm, Besiktas so not playing super high standard football for a while, 30 years old, probably not ideal?

was a good player though.