Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

23 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Where has this sudden mood of negativity come from, from quite a few posters now.

What is the actual panic?  It's only June! 

Chill out folks and grab a beer and enjoy the sun.. the good times will soon come.

Have faith.

It's the middle of winter here and it's freezing cold! But I'm still not panicking 😁

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why? It’s only June and we’ve signed 3 players 

Because it's only June applies to teams with a squad. We have basically a handful of players, and arguably need 10-12 signings. The core from last season is gutted, so the new lads needs as much coaching sessions together as possible, cause all former dynamics and relations are lost. Thus it's imperative we have a lot of them for the pre-season. Right now that's not looking likely. 

So that's why. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Because it's only June applies to teams with a squad. We have basically a handful of players, and arguably need 10-12 signings. The core from last season is gutted, so the new lads needs as much coaching sessions together as possible, cause all former dynamics and relations are lost. Thus it's imperative we have a lot of them for the pre-season. Right now that's not looking likely. 

So that's why. 

We always get them in in the end, it just takes a bit of time, patience  is required. We haven’t lost any major players and have strengthened with the signings we’ve made so far in my opinion 

SkyBet slashed the odds of Charlie Austin. Not sure what's prompted that, or whether they've just done that to create some betting on it, or one big punt out of the blue from someone. Haven't seen any solid links.

1 minute ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

SkyBet slashed the odds of Charlie Austin. Not sure what's prompted that, or whether they've just done that to create some betting on it, or one big punt out of the blue from someone. Haven't seen any solid links.

Hasn't changed for last few weeks , we have been 5/6 for a while now

Would be very surprised if we made a move for Charlie Austin. A perfect example of the sort of mistake we made when we were last in the PL. He'll be 30 this year and undoubtedly on a very high wage. We would be his last pricey move and we would make little to no money if sold on.

I'm actually enjoying the fact that we still have to sign at least 2xCB's, a DM, LB, Winger and ST. Mostly because soon we will start to see lots come through in a very short amount of time. It also means we are clearly taking our time finding the right players that fit the way that Dean Smith wants to play.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

So that's why. 

But what would you have us do, force them to take our deal? Pay over the odds to appease a gaggle of forum posters? Release the transfer ninjas on their club owners until they see sense?

Of course it would be ideal to get our deals over the line early enough for our new players to have a full preseason with us. Great, I’m all for it. The problem is, the selling teams know this too, and what’s their incentive? Most of them would rather not sell anyway, and when they do, why not drag it out as long as possible? Buying clubs (and player agents) become more desperate the closer they get to season’s start, bidding wars begin, other clubs come in. Watch how any auction ends on eBay and you’ll see what the ticking clock does to bids. 

3 minutes ago, Thats2 said:

But what would you have us do, force them to take our deal? Pay over the odds to appease a gaggle of forum posters? Release the transfer ninjas on their club owners until they see sense?

Of course it would be ideal to get our deals over the line early enough for our new players to have a full preseason with us. Great, I’m all for it. The problem is, the selling teams know this too, and what’s their incentive? Most of them would rather not sell anyway, and when they do, why not drag it out as long as possible? Buying clubs (and player agents) become more desperate the closer they get to season’s start, bidding wars begin, other clubs come in. Watch how any auction ends on eBay and you’ll see what the ticking clock does to bids. 

Now we're talking.

RELEASE THE TRANSFER NINJAS!!!

Image result for ninja gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I do think we need some experienced premier league players.

I was surprised Whelan was let go because he knows the other players,knows the system and would provide some stability .

Everybody is looking towards big statement signings but as we saw with Norwich last season  with Pukki you don’t always have to spend big.When we took McGrath and Merson both were looked upon as being over the hill.

The other problem with big signings is the risk of it not working out .Our record for buying big money strikers is appalling Hogan,McCormack, Balaban,Kosac,Bent,Cascarino etc

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I actually find the lack of signings a bit worrying, but that's me. 

A bit yeah. We don't have enough players to make up an XI that will get a point yet. Have to crack on at some point.

Anyone think the stories regarding Leeds wanting 30m for Phillips are bs?They said all along they wanted 20m for Jack Clarke and reports say they have agreed a deal with spurs for 8.5m.Cant see them leaving Clarke go for that unless they really need the money.

17 minutes ago, Thats2 said:

I expected better and more proactive scouting to be honest.