Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I'd like us to buy half the Zimbabwe team. Not only do they have Marvelous Nakamba and Talent Chawapiwa, they also have Knowledge Musona and Marshall Muntesi, as and an up and comer they have Teenage Hadebe.

I'm thinking we could do with Knowledge in the back line, Marvelous and Marshall in the middle and then Talent and Teenage up front.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

So we've been priced out of moves for Butland, Etheridge, Mings and Phillips.

If only they played football in other countries, then we wouldn't have to go about chucking twice as much money as we should at other English clubs for their players.

Have we? Says who. The papers that make up bollock rumours constantly and had no clue about Moraes

Also how much did Liverpool pay for Henderson 8 years ago?

Also how much do the likes of Chelsea pay for big name European players that don't always cut it in PL?

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

This question reminds me of a conversation I had earlier with my daughter, who is almost 5. “Daddy why do we have flies?”  Me; “I’m not sure darling, not everything we have in the world exists for us.”  My daughter undeterred; “But Dad why do we have them?” Me; “I’m really not sure, they’re just annoying and seem pointless.”

I had a conversation with my son. After lecturing the entire family the previous day about their over consumption of sugar. I went shopping.
That evening my son pops his head out of the pantry (which I had packed with cookies, crisps, chocolate, imported candy etc with new ice cream in the freezer) he inquired "what happened to 'things are going to have to change around here family!' then dad?"

To which I honestly answered "Well sure , I was going to get healthy choices like fruit, but , err, I just did what felt good at the time instead. So yeah. Theres that."

Which may or may not end up being an allegory for our transfer window I suppose :) 

• Haha 1

What about Yohan Cabaye on a one year (possibly pay-to-play) contract to offer experience and help some of the young and/or inexperienced players bed into the Premier League?

What's going on with him? Things didn't seem to work out in Dubai, but, In my opinion, he's too good to be without a club. Is there an injury and/or attitude problem I'm not aware of? Because he always seemed like a hard working talent whenever I've seen him play.

He's 33 now, so doesn't fit the transfer model we're following, and his wage demands may be too high but I think he'd be a valuable member of the squad. I know there's a risk, but I don't think he'd fall into the category some of the players we've just released would fall in to.

Image result for yohan cabaye gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I'd like us to buy half the Zimbabwe team. Not only do they have Marvelous Nakamba and Talent Chawapiwa, they also have Knowledge Musona and Marshall Muntesi, as and an up and comer they have Teenage Hadebe.

I'm thinking we could do with Knowledge in the back line, Marvelous and Marshall in the middle and then Talent and Teenage up front.

Just a shame they haven't got Worldie Savealottie and Marauding Leftbackie to complete the team! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I had a conversation with my son. After lecturing the entire family the previous day about their over consumption of sugar. I went shopping.
That evening my son pops his head out of the pantry (which I had packed with cookies, crisps, chocolate, imported candy etc with new ice cream in the freezer) he inquired "what happened to 'things are going to have to change around here family!' then dad?"

To which I honestly answered "Well sure , I was going to get healthy choices like fruit, but , err, I just did what felt good at the time instead. So yeah. Theres that."

Which may or may not end up being an allegory for our transfer window I suppose :) 

Messi and Ronaldo it is then 😀

• Haha 1

Guys, you have to learn something. Having conversations with children is not good! In fact, it can be more embarrassing than talking to the missus. The only way an adult man can have an enjoyable conversation is for him to talk to another adult man. 

• Haha 2

I'm posting so early in the morning because I'm having sleepless nights during my recovery from triple hernia surgery. 

I only had an umbilical hernia to begin with. My missus, in her witty little way, asked me how I could possibly get a hernia when I don't do anything. Foolishly, in my own witty little way, I replied "what are you talking about - I've carried you for the last 27 years". Strangely, after that, I then developed left and right inguinal hernias too! 😯

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I'm posting so early in the morning because I'm having sleepless nights during my recovery from triple hernia surgery. 

I only had an umbilical hernia to begin with. My missus, in her witty little way, asked me how I could possibly get a hernia when I don't do anything. Foolishly, in my own witty little way, I replied "what are you talking about - I've carried you for the last 27 years". Strangely, after that, I then developed left and right inguinal hernias too! 😯

Get well soon buddy

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Why do people pay any attention to Alan Nixon?

The same reason we pay attention to you Trent. He got something right once! :D

48 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Once? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Tbf to him, he did. A few (or 50) pages back I listed a bunch of transfers that I’m pretty sure he ‘broke’. Tammy being one, Terry coming in as Smith’s assistant being another. He gets snippets, for sure.

14 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Tbf to him, he did. A few (or 50) pages back I listed a bunch of transfers that I’m pretty sure he ‘broke’. Tammy being one, Terry coming in as Smith’s assistant being another. He gets snippets, for sure.

I meant me, thought my record was slightly better. 😞

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I meant me, thought my record was slightly better. 😞

@TrentVilla sorry if you can’t answer this, but what happened to the AVFCTransfers guy that was on Twitter a while ago? He seemed to work in the Villa medical team as he had fairly solid info when medicals were booked and so on. He went quiet, presumably sacked or warned about leaking info, and then this year seemed to resurrect his account but hasn’t posted anything since then. Did you hear any whispers about it? 

Just curiosity on my part :) 

7 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

Revel Morrison on a pay as you play anyone ???

I know loads will shoot this down, but if he doesn't work hard and get in the team we lose nothing, if he grabs this chance and realises at last his potential could be a perfect back up should jack get injured. Constantly touted as one of the most naturally gifted footballers, could deano finally make him realise it 

Nope

Granted it will be cheap as he will never play for us, but he'd still take up a squad place.

Guy was a disaster at Östersund.

• Like 1