Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

@TrentVilla sorry if you can’t answer this, but what happened to the AVFCTransfers guy that was on Twitter a while ago? He seemed to work in the Villa medical team as he had fairly solid info when medicals were booked and so on. He went quiet, presumably sacked or warned about leaking info, and then this year seemed to resurrect his account but hasn’t posted anything since then. Did you hear any whispers about it? 

Just curiosity on my part :) 

There's been a few, one was a fake but believe this is him. Not sure if that's the one you are on about?

https://twitter.com/AVFCTransfers1

It has been retweeted and commented on by someone in that band The Brazen that he plugged now and then so looks like it is him. He has said bits since coming back but has also said it won't be like before, so there won't be any leaking of players as such but possibly confirming and denying.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

@TrentVilla sorry if you can’t answer this, but what happened to the AVFCTransfers guy that was on Twitter a while ago? He seemed to work in the Villa medical team as he had fairly solid info when medicals were booked and so on. He went quiet, presumably sacked or warned about leaking info, and then this year seemed to resurrect his account but hasn’t posted anything since then. Did you hear any whispers about it? 

Just curiosity on my part :) 

The original guy was genuine, for certain. Since then there have been lots of copies, I’m no longer sure who the genuine one was.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

The original guy was genuine, for certain. Since then there have been lots of copies, I’m no longer sure who the genuine one was.

As I said above, I suspect the one I mentioned is him. I guess we'll find out over the coming weeks. However if someone had spoke to me at work, I'd steer clear of doing anything, rather than come back but being careful about what I say. So who knows if it is him, for now.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

As I said above, I suspect the one I mentioned is him. I guess we'll find out over the coming weeks. However if someone had spoke to me at work, I'd steer clear of doing anything, rather than come back but being careful about what I say. So who knows if it is him, for now.

I'm sure we'd all be ecstatic just to read from him that a medical has been booked for such day and such time and if passed we'll be signing the player soon after. It's something to get excited about, at least. 

If the report is true and Leeds want 30m for Phillips then nknchance should be paying that. He was worth half of that at best.

Best thing to do is see where Leeds are in Jan and if they are not near top of the table then we might be able to get him for half the price if we need

18 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

He has already taken a fairly lengthy break to the US (no issue with that in my view although some always seem to have a problem with it) so if he really is heading abroad I don’t very much it’s a holiday.

He was in the US for one week. Now that his daughter has finished her exams he is having family holiday in Portugal for one week. 

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If the report is true and Leeds want 30m for Phillips then nknchance should be paying that. He was worth half of that at best.

Best thing to do is see where Leeds are in Jan and if they are not near top of the table then we might be able to get him for half the price if we need

I trust the club, but I'm not as convinced with Phillips, believe there are better players and for a far better price.

• Like 1

All these Championship clubs telling us they have a team full of £15/20m players are just chancers. If their squads were that good they’d have got promoted with us. Most good Championship teams develop a strong team spirit and are well organised with a smattering of quality. If we hadn’t been promoted how many of our players would be valued at £15/20? Maybe Jack and SJM, but again they would still be Championship players.

Give it a week or two and Championship managers will be trying to buy players to improve their squads. Their chairmen will be telling them they need to generate some money and suddenly that offer of £12m for their priceless star player will start looking pretty attractive. 

• Like 3

Before last season Phillips wasn't even that highly rated, he was actually more of an attacking midfielder as well. Last season Bielsa had the whole Leeds team playing way above their level, on paper they're a midtable championship side, which is where they had finished the season before, for all we know last season could have just been a one off for Phillips, even Bielsa himself has said that he doesn't think he can get a repeat performance from his team.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Keeper Predrag Rajkovic gone to Reims.

Ouch, i suggested him on this thread on Monday.

He would have been an astute pickup. Reims are getting a very good team together. Some talented players there including Remi Oudin.

Edited by Villan4Life

25 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Is he actually any good or are we just basing his potential off of Football Manager?

Yes in real life he is a very good keeper. I have seen him play a fair bit.

Edited by Villan4Life

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Is he actually any good or are we just basing his potential off of Football Manager?

You do realise professional  scouts/Freelance scouts or general fans that watch lot football email Football Manager (Si Games from various countries) about lots of different players potential all year round that's why they have Head Researchers in each country and they decide about players based on recommendations from scouts. I've helped Si Games in last 2 years on players potential when beta testing game for them.

Lot of people including myself have seen him play for real and he is very good player so potential on Football Manager for him is no surprise.

Not sure why you bring just bring this just "basing potential off Football Manager into thread???" A lot of posters on here watch lot of foreign football and know good players when they see them live or on box.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kbdrum88 said:

Revel Morrison on a pay as you play anyone ???

I know loads will shoot this down, but if he doesn't work hard and get in the team we lose nothing, if he grabs this chance and realises at last his potential could be a perfect back up should jack get injured. Constantly touted as one of the most naturally gifted footballers, could deano finally make him realise it 

Should be shot down for good reason. Have you followed his journeyman career last few seasons? Transfermarkt have his current value at €360k which is probably generous. We're not a halfway house for washed up footballers

Actually should head to A-league about his level

Edited by Kiwivillan

36 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

You do realise professional  scouts/Freelance scouts or general fans that watch lot football email Football Manager (Si Games from various countries) about lots of different players potential all year round that's why they have Head Researchers in each country and they decide about players based on recommendations from scouts. I've helped Si Games in last 2 years on players potential when beta testing game for them.

Lot of people including myself have seen him play for real and he is very good player so potential on Football Manager for him is no surprise.

Not sure why you bring just bring this just "basing potential off Football Manager into thread???" A lot of posters on here watch lot of foreign football and know good players when they see them live or on box.

I sincerely apologise for asking a question.