Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Isn't Tomori Tammy's mate or something?

Would imagine so both being Chelsea perennial loanees. Perhaps if he's essentially Axel and more readily available + comes with added benefit of perhaps giving some more fuel to the Tammy fire then potentially a better move than Axel.

I'll trust Deano either way but I wouldn't mind looking to the Eruopean leagues for somebody with more game time and a similar style though instead. Hause is our untried CB for me and Chesters likely to spend a while Injured. 6 good months but Tyrone is prone to an injury too. I'd be very nervous if we would up with Hause-Tomori at the back and fighting relegation. but I haven't seen loads of either player to be fair. I'd just be more confident if we had somebody with some games behind them and a decent injury record to partner Mings.

Edit: 'perennial loanee' may be unfair. Didn't realise he was only 21 and 3 loan seasons.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Didn’t we get the exchange of certificates (ie confirmation of premier league team) today?

26 minutes ago, Jareth said:

According to The Premier league website their AGM is tomorrow 6th and it is at the AGM where a) promoted clubs are formally accepted into the league and b) the season officially rolls over and the table reset. 

I assume the issuance of the certificate is more of a publicity thing but the formality is tomorrow. I would guess they have to hold a members vote or something to ratify the changes. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I have my doubts on Hause and Jota cutting it in the prem but the fee and contract (don’t know Hause contract yet) means we can probably make a profit or at the very least break even if we sell them. So in that sense it’s good business. 

I agree and the doubts are somewhat eradicated if these players, come the window ending, are players that are squad players adding depth for a Premier League campaign, with us having strengthened significantly with first team players. 

41 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I have my doubts on Hause and Jota cutting it in the prem but the fee and contract (don’t know Hause contract yet) means we can probably make a profit or at the very least break even if we sell them. So in that sense it’s good business. 

Jota is massive upgrade on Adomah who's left and Green. Hause didn't put a foot wrong. I'm sure these first of many signings and upgrades on current stock 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Jota is massive upgrade on Adomah who's left and Green. Hause didn't put a foot wrong. I'm sure these first of many signings and upgrades on current stock 

You don't remember his first game then.  saying that happy with this.  good price for a promising, flexible defender.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KMitch said:

Bradley Dack?  The guy who almost went to jail this season for assaulting a police officer?  Deano has made it a point to put emphasis on how important the squad's character is.  For this reason alone, I doubt we're looking at Dack.  

I don't think he could dack it in the premier league.

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

it's almost a bit embarrassing to parade the "We Are Premier League" banner around as Aston Villa. Let's not celebrate this promotion too much!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, tezzaleed said:

You don't remember his first game then.  saying that happy with this.  good price for a promising, flexible defender.

That's true though it's tough for any defender thrown into a new team. He got up to speed pretty quick

I think Tomori is a downgrade on Axel, he won't be cheap (if Chelsea sell) either. I think we can do better and he relies on his speed a bit too much, there were plenty of examples in the play off final. 

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

it's almost a bit embarrassing to parade the "We Are Premier League" banner around as Aston Villa. Let's not celebrate this promotion too much!

Eh what. Club didn't even make that post and its clearly a Norwich flag

6 hours ago, maqroll said:

Yay let's be super negative instead! 

2 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Yes that's clearly a Norwich scarf. Our part features a young lady in a state of arousal.

I should have been distressed to see my own climax face at the final whistle - but it was there alright. 

10 hours ago, Jareth said:

I'm hoping this means we got rid of McCormack and Gardner before the pay rises kicked in

• Like 3