Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

Papers suggesting Chelski willing to sell Tomori for £10-12million... looks like the rags though quoting this. 

Looked good for Derby and wouldn't mind this at all. If he is mates with Tammy could be a good double swoop... 

Just now, cyrusr said:

Papers suggesting Chelski willing to sell Tomori for £10-12million... looks like the rags though quoting this. 

Looked good for Derby and wouldn't mind this at all. If he is mates with Tammy could be a good double swoop... 

This would have to depend on their transfer ban . Can't see them letting players like him leave without being aloud to bring players in

14 minutes ago, pete101 said:

This would have to depend on their transfer ban . Can't see them letting players like him leave without being aloud to bring players in

But they have also been told that they cannot loan all their players out. IIRC new rules have banned them from having so many out on loan. As such they are going to have to either ship them or use them and they are likely to sell those that they can get a decent price for. 

I'm leaning more towards a Mings / Cahill CB partnership.

As well as Jota and Hause, I would love us to sign Cahill, Mings, Aribo, Abraham, Maupay plus a LB and a winger.

Oh, and Butland if we're going to lose Kalinic.

Pure greed.

2 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

But they have also been told that they cannot loan all their players out. IIRC new rules have banned them from having so many out on loan. As such they are going to have to either ship them or use them and they are likely to sell those that they can get a decent price for. 

Be interesting If this was the case , possible they may let them leave on cheaper price with options to buy back at a similar price , pretty much like Barca had in adama traore's contract

2 minutes ago, pete101 said:

Be interesting If this was the case , possible they may let them leave on cheaper price with options to buy back at a similar price , pretty much like Barca had in adama traore's contract

Think with some clubs this could be an option, an extensive loan so to speak. Not sure we would stand for that though given Purslow's comments on loans. 

Tomori mostly kept Tammy quiet at Wembley. Looked really good. Didn't see much of him otherwise but if he got Player of the Season in a good Derby side, thats impressive.

Chester won't play again much if at all I hear. We have one centre half who will most likely be cover (Hause). We need 3 more. Tomori, Mings and Cahill for me. And Cahill mostly as he's free. Tomori and Mings could cost 25m.

I’m looking at Wolves fans and their comments in our business so far, they’re thinking we’re still the old Villa and signing players which will take us down. Although it seem they know our first team (maybe much better than some of us know lol), but they still (as many other fans) don’t understand the big work we need to do in terms of building our whole squad.

I’ve been asked also in an Arabic PL whatsapp group (where I’m the only Villa fan at) about our activity and the weak links, told them we need a huge rebuild and you can’t think we’ll just pay 100m in 3-4 players. We’re not as established as Wolves or even Norwich and Sheffield. Most our key players were on loan actually.

• Like 2

Tomori would be a very good signing IMO. Admittedly I can't say i've seen massive amounts of him but from what ive heard on podcasts and read, he completely fits the mould of what we are trying to build. If he is good mates with Tammy, that could also work in our favour.

19 minutes ago, Visiting Ram said:

Nonsense - he is PL quality and he is a CB and you are going to need very quick ones - in the premiership £12 million is cheap  

You may have misunderstood - he is PL quality (or will be) but not at CB. He has got some development to go yet but he is not commanding enough in the air for that position. This is one of the reasons that Derby conceded so many goals from corners and set pieces. 

I would love for us to sign him but as 1) DCM (where eventually he could be outstanding) 2) LB and 3) back four cover

For me the comparison with Axel is slightly lazy. Axel is a true CB, stronger and better in the air, Tomori is quicker and a better ball player. I’d love us to sign them both

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Tomori mostly kept Tammy quiet at Wembley. Looked really good. Didn't see much of him otherwise but if he got Player of the Season in a good Derby side, thats impressive.

Chester won't play again much if at all I hear. We have one centre half who will most likely be cover (Hause). We need 3 more. Tomori, Mings and Cahill for me. And Cahill mostly as he's free. Tomori and Mings could cost 25m.

Tomori seem an interesting link which I would really like us to take. Hope John Terry influences Tomori and even Cahill. That would build us potentially a great defensive unit.

When you think we could add the quality of,

Cahill, Mings, Tomori and Hause with less than 30m? 4 CB’s and a cover for LB. All defence areas are sorted. A good DM and we’ll hopefully have one of the best units which we had for a while. Ofcourse nothing would suggest we could do all of these. But we can only hope.

11 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

For me the comparison with Axel is slightly lazy. Axel is a true CB, stronger and better in the air, Tomori is quicker and a better ball player. I’d love us to sign them both

I wouldn't agree with the bolded statement based on what I saw of Tomori this season. Tuanzebe was great for us but he is really really poor in the air, if he improves that aspect of his game he would be amazing but it's a serious weakness currently.

• Like 1

As well as Bahoken from SCO Angers being linked yesterday, I imagine we may also see links to their defensive midfielder Baptiste Santamaria too soon. Ranked 19th for Tackles per Game in the Top 5 Leagues this past year. Think I recall a tweet from a few months ago saying we may have been scouting him.

27 minutes ago, Wes said:

As well as Bahoken from SCO Angers being linked yesterday, I imagine we may also see links to their defensive midfielder Baptiste Santamaria too soon. Ranked 19th for Tackles per Game in the Top 5 Leagues this past year. Think I recall a tweet from a few months ago saying we may have been scouting him.

Think that was when we were looking at Sada Thioub at the time.  They ended up seeing him and were impressed. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wes said:

Probably of little relevance but from an Angers forum tweet this morning.  (Translated from French so not perfect English.)

Baptiste Santamaria has serious touches on the side of Fiorentina, Aston Villa and West Ham. If a sale was made, it could oscillate between 6 and 8M €. Still the cases Jeff, already seriously solicited, and Tait who pleases in Lyon and Bordeaux. (The team)

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Probably of little relevance but from an Angers forum tweet this morning.  (Translated from French so not perfect English.)

Baptiste Santamaria has serious touches on the side of Fiorentina, Aston Villa and West Ham. If a sale was made, it could oscillate between 6 and 8M €. Still the cases Jeff, already seriously solicited, and Tait who pleases in Lyon and Bordeaux. (The team)

Back to you Jeff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Think that was when we were looking at Sada Thioub at the time.  They ended up seeing him and were impressed. 

Did not know that. Interesting - thanks!