Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Nothing against him personally but I haven’t much patience for this kind of stuff he’s under contract at Villa and he really shouldn’t be entertaining this kind of stuff on Twitter best he kept his mouth shut

Exactly. Not professional at all. Get rid I say. 

18 minutes ago, commander said:

it would be a complete farce if we let him go for any less than £10m. Guilbert has similar stats in 19/20 as Cash did in 20/21 - Stick Guilbert in a better team and I have little doubt hed do better. The way Smith has treated him is a disgrace IMO.

He was the best defender in Ligue 1 since he joined (whoscored), and in the top 20 players overall. It'd be no surprise whatsoever if he moved for £20m in a couple years time. 

I think Guilbert is easily better than Cash, I appreciate others feel differently, but surley he could be kept and gien a real chnace to compete with Cash? 

Well, if he was as good as you describing clubs would be lining up to buy him from us. I don't see anybody queuing outside offering us any decent money for him right now, so what is it? Are all the scouts in Europe blind to the talent you describing?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I don't mind. I don't think he's ever been given a fair crack here anyway, so he's probably desperate to leave. I remember him being really positive and enthusiastic only a year or so on social media, when he was still trying to get into the side. I guess he's just fed up now. Hope he get's his move

Abolutely this, he's been treated really poorly and not been given a chance, no wonder he's annoyed. 

1 minute ago, Czarnikjak said:

Well, if he was as good as you describing clubs would be lining up to buy him from us. I don't see anybody queuing outside offering us any decent money for him right now, so what is it? Are all the scouts in Europe blind to the talent you describing?

my point is more Cash hasn't proven to be significantly better than him (personally I think Guilbert is far better) , so why not give him a chance in a fair rotation? 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I don't mind. I don't think he's ever been given a fair crack here anyway, so he's probably desperate to leave. I remember him being really positive and enthusiastic only a year or so on social media, when he was still trying to get into the side. I guess he's just fed up now. Hope he get's his move

I feel the same.  There's obviously some sort of disconnect between Guilbert and Smith - it just needs to be resolved.

FWIW, I think Guilbert is a decent right back and will do well wherever he moves to.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He clearly doesn’t want to be here so should be sold. Recoup what we paid and be done with it. 

I think he does want to be here but maybe manager doesnt rate him and ge wants to play 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think he does want to be here but maybe manager doesnt rate him and ge wants to play 

thats how i see it too

"doesn't want to be here" last season he was 3rd choice, this season he's 2nd choice, next season with kesler back i assume he will be 3rd choice again, do you really blame him for not wanting to be here? its not a knock on villa he just wants to play football

being 3rd choice behind elmo was the nail in the coffin, its a bit shit that we cant keep him for one more year and wait for kesler but axel can cover so cut our losses

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, commander said:

my point is more Cash hasn't proven to be significantly better than him (personally I think Guilbert is far better) , so why not give him a chance in a fair rotation? 

you think Guilbert is far better than Cash? based on what exactly?

Made the bench today finally. Given Cash's once again below par performance it's time Fred started our next game, whenever that is. Cash needs to learn he's not undroppable which might give him the motivation to improve, and Guilbert needs to be given the carrot to reward his decent cup performance and give him the belief that it isn't a lost cause playing for us.

Decent player in there that could well out perform Cash if given the chance. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Made the bench today finally. Given Cash's once again below par performance it's time Fred started our next game, whenever that is. Cash needs to learn he's not undroppable which might give him the motivation to improve, and Guilbert needs to be given the carrot to reward his decent cup performance and give him the belief that it isn't a lost cause playing for us.

Can't see it happening, and I don't think Cash was that bad yesterday, an average performance ( he was much much worse against Watford).

I don't know what's going on behind the scenes with Fred, but I think it's more than safe to say that he's possibly the first name on the sheet of players we are looking to move on

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I agree with what you're saying, but it's not going to happen sadly.

As others have mentioned already, Smith doesn't rate him and he has been trying to get him out the club since he arrived.

On 27/08/2021 at 10:37, commander said:

Abolutely this, he's been treated really poorly and not been given a chance, no wonder he's annoyed. 

Speculation. 

On 27/08/2021 at 11:01, osmark86 said:

you think Guilbert is far better than Cash? based on what exactly?

Based on the fact that his stats are better, his attacking output was the same in a worse side. And he for strasbourg he was a top 5 rb in Europe in terms of performances despite having a red card. If he hadn't. He'd have probably been on par with guys like Kimmich. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I find the the #freeguilbert Strasbourg trolls quite amusing. I'm in no rush to sell Guilbert unless we get a reasonable offer for him (probably around EUR 6 to 8M). We need depth - especially with all the injuries we have and Kesler having gone out on a full season loan.

11 hours ago, useless said:

Zero logic selling him unless they plan to get a replacement. Cash was out for a few games last season through both injury and suspension. Even before you get into the debate of whether he should start the next game anyway.

Unless we're truly happy with 18 year old subs.

• Like 1

Â