Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

12 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Earned himself a starting position next game, by not doing anything. Could play instead of either Cash or Targett they both need a rocket to their arse.

You’d hope so, but he won’t change the team which is one of the annoying things about smith he goes on about they get in the team on merit but hardly changes the team apart from the wingers 

Just now, rbcuk said:

Why? He was decent when he last played for us and was one of the best performers in France with his loan spell

No he wasn't. He was just as bad as Cash has been today. A lot of times.

Hutton syndrome. People just ignore the game after game after game he got roasted because he pumps his fists and 2 foots someone occasionally.

Guilbert is not good enough. He is not better than Cash.

• Like 3

Dean never seems to have taken to Guilbert, which is a shame. I enjoyed watching his attacking runs in our first season back in the prem, and felt it was harsh sending him out on loan straight away. Cash was an improvement, but I do think he could have played a part last year. I think we will see him leave unfortunately, but he is good enough for us and will do well elsewhere if he does leave. Its not looking good for him, but i hope he stays and forces his way into the team

• Like 1

only just realised he wasn't in the squad saturday

imagine he'll be kept around as emergency backup before leaving when his contract ends at the end of the season

it's a shame when a signing doesn't work out. we've certainly had a lot worse than him. but clearly not rated by smith etc

14 hours ago, tomav84 said:

only just realised he wasn't in the squad saturday

imagine he'll be kept around as emergency backup before leaving when his contract ends at the end of the season

it's a shame when a signing doesn't work out. we've certainly had a lot worse than him. but clearly not rated by smith etc

Considering we are allowed to name 9 subs, I can only assume he is on his way out. Really missed opportunity I feel if that's the case.

Cash needs to be dropped after that performance. If he gets to start next game  where is the lesson. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Considering we are allowed to name 9 subs, I can only assume he is on his way out. Really missed opportunity I feel if that's the case.

Cash needs to be dropped after that performance. If he gets to start next game  where is the lesson. 

it's literally the one bad performance he's had in a villa shirt...if that's the thinking there's a few from saturday that should be dropped such as konsa and arguably martinez too

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Cash needs to be dropped after that performance. If he gets to start next game  where is the lesson

We lost and it was embarrassing.

55 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Surely it would be better to play him and see if there is a reaction. If not then drop him. Dropping players for having a bad game would mean we would need to virtually replace the whole starting 11 for the next game.

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Him and Traore have posted pictures up on Instagram of them linking up in play at Anfield. Perhaps we are having behind closed door friendly to get some fitness up.

Yep, we had a behind closed doors friendly today - both sides have players lacking in fitness and match sharpness - it's a good idea.

Seems I'm in the minority there.  But the converse view would be that Guilbert had a better end to the season than Cash did, albeit on loan in a weaker league. I make assumptions about his performance in training, but if he puts in a good training shift,  and performs well in the friendly against Liverpool, then where is the incentive for any player to try if he doesnt get to start our next game despite the absolute horror show from Cash.

Admittedly, it was only one game, and you want Cash to prove he can bounce back, but I think I rate Guibert more highly than the average, hence my different view.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Seems I'm in the minority there.  But the converse view would be that Guilbert had a better end to the season than Cash did, albeit on loan in a weaker league. I make assumptions about his performance in training, but if he puts in a good training shift,  and performs well in the friendly against Liverpool, then where is the incentive for any player to try if he doesnt get to start our next game despite the absolute horror show from Cash.

Admittedly, it was only one game, and you want Cash to prove he can bounce back, but I think I rate Guibert more highly than the average, hence my different view.

Conversely, he wouldn't want to be dropped after 1 bad game either. 

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

it's literally the one bad performance he's had in a villa shirt...if that's the thinking there's a few from saturday that should be dropped such as konsa and arguably martinez too

Apologies I didn't read your post properly, then went on a rant based on what I thought I'd read...

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Â