Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Guilbert deserved another chance for his performances at Strasbourg.

That's what confusing people. Not even been given a chance.

So you’d have him in ahead of Cash?

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This one is bizarre, shitter players than Guibert have been given minutes and chances over the past couple years.

I reckon there is something else at play.

Yeah it's difficult to say. I don't think DS liked much of the 2019 summer recruitment personally given it was close to costing him the job in the end. Likes of Jota long gone, Engels started off o.k but then got dropped and didn't then play for a year and Gulibert also hardly featured since lockdown and AEM was moved back above him in the pecking order.

Trez is one who's been keep in favour but I think he'd have been moved on this summer but for his ACL.

Cash on the whole did well last season although he still has his poor games, just feels to me like we'll move one of the CBs there if he gets injury.

12 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Not to speak for villalad21 (because nobody can do his posts justice ;)), but while I wouldn't have put him ahead of Cash at the start of the season, after the performances so far, I'd probbaly give him a go, if for no reason other than giving Cash a kick up the arse.

Edited by Davkaus

36 minutes ago, HAL said:

statistically asgood as cash if not better cost us barely anything and is on low wages why he isnt kept as cover makes no sense thought the same last season. and we seem to have a huge defensive injury crisis so makes even less sense this season

Maybe he doesn’t want to stay, just a thought

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

I’m lost, why does Cash need a kick up the arse? Did something happen?

Three poor performances in a row for me.

Viable option sat there who played OK in the cup in his one appearance.

Looks like Fred is off anyway so it doesn't matter.

Does seem strange. I would say no one has got off to a good start, so Cash is not on his own. But maybe there are specific attributes to Guilberts game that they didn’t like because the decision was made at the end of 19/20 to upgrade him after just one season.

If Cash is now not good enough maybe it doesn’t reprieve Freddie, both may need to be moved on?

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Guilbert deserved another chance for his performances at Strasbourg.

That's what confusing people. Not even been given a chance.

Massively outperformed cash in preseason, who was awful vs Watford and subpar against Brentford as well. Its getting ridiculous honestly. 

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

Yes, better defensive stats, better offensive output. Cash is a better passer that's it but he's so cowardly going forward it hinders us. He's the new Neil Taylor right now. 

• Confused 2
  • Shocked 2

1 minute ago, MotoMkali said:

Massively outperformed cash in preseason, who was awful vs Watford and subpar against Brentford as well. Its getting ridiculous honestly. 

I think Cash has gotten a little complacent if I'm being honest. 

I don't see that fire or hunger in his belly that he had at the start of last season.

Watched him closely against Barrow. Made two awful passes which went to the opposition but other than that he was decent. However, he looked far from happy which is understandable when you know your manager doesn’t rate you.

It could well be that he and the manager are having difficulties and if this is so, then he should go elsewhere but not before being replaced as Villa’s squad is already looking short in a few positions.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah it's difficult to say. I don't think DS liked much of the 2019 summer recruitment personally given it was close to costing him the job in the end. Likes of Jota long gone, Engels started off o.k but then got dropped and didn't then play for a year and Gulibert also hardly featured since lockdown and AEM was moved back above him in the pecking order.

Trez is one who's been keep in favour but I think he'd have been moved on this summer but for his ACL.

Cash on the whole did well last season although he still has his poor games, just feels to me like we'll move one of the CBs there if he gets injury.

Unfortunately two of our cbs are already injured.  Our fit defenders are:

Tuanzebe

Hause

Targett

Young

Cash

One more defensive injury, and we're in trouble.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think Cash has gotten a little complacent if I'm being honest.

I don't think you are be honest VL21. It is more a stream of consciousness that you type out. 

I understand human beings have a theory of mind, but it completely flummoxes me how anyone can work out what actually is going an another person's head. So, I have to admit I don't really know what goes on in yours either. 

4 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I don't think you are be honest VL21. It is more a stream of consciousness that you type out. 

I understand human beings have a theory of mind, but it completely flummoxes me how anyone can work out what actually is going an another person's head. So, I have to admit I don't really know what goes on in yours either. 

Exactly, we have to accept that our preseason has been gash, and that our players are able to get back to their best with the right training, rest, support etc they need. Cash is a great RB, guilbert is great back up

1 minute ago, Adman said:

Exactly, we have to accept that our preseason has been gash, and that our players are able to get back to their best with the right training, rest, support etc they need. Cash is a great RB, guilbert is great back up

I sort of agree with you ... but I would describe the preseason as interesting and perhaps the Grealish thing difficult.

Cash and Guilbert ... I am happy with them.

Â