Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

27 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's a bit odd if he's gone. We don't have a natural replacement. Tuanzebe can do a job. Young can do a job although he has started our first 3 league games in 3 different positions (LB, LW, CM) so he's currently not available for right back. Kesler-Hayden is on loan and inexperienced. Zito and Appiah are the current U23 right backs and nowhere near ready.  Hopefully someone comes in because Cash is also a card magnet so it would be nice to have someone else around.

Tuanzebe can do a job but Konsa and mings are both injured are they not? 

43 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Tuanzebe can do a job but Konsa and mings are both injured are they not? 

Indeed. That goes along with my point that we can ill-afford to lose him, especially at this point in time if no-one else is coming in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dale said:

A player I like, the manager clearly doesn't. We're pish at selling if this is a loan, he has value we should be picking up bets part of £10M...

I'm sure if someone offered £10m we would take it. The fact that no one wants to pay a fee for him speaks volumes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

I'm sure if someone offered £10m we would take it. The fact that no one wants to pay a fee for him speaks volumes.

Nobody wants to offer £10m for him because they know that we'll loan him out.

We have loaned out so many players in recent times, I've almost come to expect if every time. I'm surprised we managed to sell Engels to be honest.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I liked Freddie, Smith doesn’t though. Wish him well

This. I dont think he's ever let us down when he's played. 

Must be something in training Smith sees/doesn't see. He's got his limitations, but he's a solid back up to push Cash.

Will always remember the fist pump after that sliding tackle against Arsenal at home.

The longer Guilbert doesn't play for us, the more he turns into Carlos Alberto. 

He's a decent back-up and i'd like to keep him for that reason. 

16 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Has it been confirmed? I mean I've seen one tweet saying he is leaving.

There is no way we are loaning him surely especially when not having a backup to cash cost at least 10 points last season. 

No, it hasn’t been confirmed.

10 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If he stays I'd start him against Chelsea.

Give Cash a kick up the arse and Fred a chance to impress v top opposition.

I’m lost, why does Cash need a kick up the arse? Did something happen?

Just now, Killeen30 said:

I’m lost, why does Cash need a kick up the arse? Did something happen?

Haven't you heard? He's the latest scapegoat. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This one is bizarre, shitter players than Guibert have been given minutes and chances over the past couple years.

I reckon there is something else at play.

No there really isn't. He is borderline premier league quality and Smith obviously doesn't  think he is good enough.

Didn't cost a lot and didn't play a lot. File under random players who turned out for Villa for a bit. Its quite a big folder.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Horrible treatment from Smith. 

If either Young or one of the fullbacks picked up an injury now we have little backup. 

Hourihane has had the same treatment. Nobody has called it horrible. I don’t get the ‘horrible’ in this. Smith simply doesn’t rate him as a player.

Personally I like Guilbert and would like him to stay, I was of the same opinion last season when he went out on loan.

3 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Hourihane has had the same treatment. Nobody has called it horrible. I don’t get the ‘horrible’ in this. Smith simply doesn’t rate him as a player.

Personally I like Guilbert and would like him to stay, I was of the same opinion last season when he went out on loan.

Guilbert deserved another chance for his performances at Strasbourg.

That's what confusing people. Not even been given a chance.

• Thanks 1

statistically asgood as cash if not better cost us barely anything and is on low wages why he isnt kept as cover makes no sense thought the same last season. and we seem to have a huge defensive injury crisis so makes even less sense this season

• Thanks 1

Â