Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

elmo got injured v arsenal (i think) hause wouldn't be RB anyway so guilbert got the job

I meant Konsa RB and Hause CB. That was how we started after the break, wasn’t it? 

Anyway it doesn’t really matter. I like Freddie and hope that he and Dean can put that interaction he had with Dean‘s missus where she took a shine to him, a bit like Will‘s mum in the inbetweeners with the french exchange student, behind them and Freddie gets a crack at the whip in this improved side. 

Edited by sparrow1988

18 minutes ago, Dave_jW said:

Has Smith got a problem with players from France? Guilbert not getting a look in, and we have seen very little of Sanson. Are they the next Bjorn Engels?

Sanson is still coming back from injury, not even sure if he has trained yet, pretty sure when fit and ready he will feature judging by his shirt number

16 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I think he's been treated pretty poorly if I'm being honest. You could argue there's just no place for him on the bench but FFS there are 9 spots now. Did Hause and Axel need to both be there? If Cash had come off with his injury who would have played RB? Targett? Young? Neither are going to be as good as Fred in that role.

It just feels like he's done something to irk Smith behind the scenes because I never felt like his performances warranted freezing out. 

Axel has played at RB for us in the past, perhaps he got the nod has he could cover CB, RB and DM?

• Like 1

I just think it's footballing reasons. Nothing personal. 

Guy needs to move on. 

Young can cover both sides and Konsa or Axel can play RB. 

There is no need for Guilbert

Same with Wesley. We’ve outgrown them 

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Spoony said:

He’s the new Helenius, Gil, Engels. There’s always someone frozen out for completely unknown reasons. 

No. Just like all the aforementioned he isn't good enough.

That's why one went back to Denmark. Did nothing. To Spain. Did nothing.

It isn't a conspiracy theory. They ain't good enough 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

I think he's been treated pretty poorly if I'm being honest. You could argue there's just no place for him on the bench but FFS there are 9 spots now. Did Hause and Axel need to both be there? If Cash had come off with his injury who would have played RB? Targett? Young? Neither are going to be as good as Fred in that role.

It just feels like he's done something to irk Smith behind the scenes because I never felt like his performances warranted freezing out. 

Konsa to right back with Hause in the middle I suspect.  Or Tuanzebe or Young.

4 hours ago, est1874 said:

I just assumed he’s on his way out of the club. Doesn’t seem the sort of player to hang around if he’s not getting first team football and he’s not going to get it here.

I like his attitude but he just isn’t up to the standard required to make our first eleven. 

5 hours ago, est1874 said:

Well he did publicly criticise the management last summer of being disingenuous with him around the time we were signing Cash and he was being sent out on loan. I doubt that did him any favours. 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Speaks volumes that he buries a finish like that, weak foot, and he's not really that bothered or got anyone to really celebrate with. Just don't think he's settled into the club at all. 

Not sure he’s been treated particularly well by the club but who knows what goes on behind the scenes. Such a shame if that’s the end of the line for him as there’s def something there. 

• Like 1

Â