Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

If he has gone to Fulham, then I do think that will be a good move for him, bad for us. They are attacking and forward thinking, top of the championship. Guilbert will shine in the championship, prpbably get promoted, sign with Fulham permanently and then show fans of other teams in the premier league that he is a decent modern full back. This is a mistake from us and it will come back to haunt us later in the season due to injury/suspension and lacking an attacking impetus i fear.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, HAL said:

Makes cash pretty much undropable even if hes form dips/stays as it currently is if fred has gone

That's nearly as big a problem as Cash picking up an injury, imo.

I guess we're expecting to use Young on the right, too? Don't think he's played there since United and he's never been as effective there. There's Axel, too, but I'd rather not. Too many Cuellar flashbacks.

It's a bit odd if he's gone. We don't have a natural replacement. Tuanzebe can do a job. Young can do a job although he has started our first 3 league games in 3 different positions (LB, LW, CM) so he's currently not available for right back. Kesler-Hayden is on loan and inexperienced. Zito and Appiah are the current U23 right backs and nowhere near ready.  Hopefully someone comes in because Cash is also a card magnet so it would be nice to have someone else around.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Dale said:

A player I like, the manager clearly doesn't. We're pish at selling if this is a loan, he has value we should be picking up bets part of £10M...

Yeah, I can't understand what the problem is/was with Guilbert. I like him and his attitude has been good in terms of seeing him play. it's a strange one.

• Like 1

Apart from Fred, we only have players that can provide cover at right back, but aren’t right backs. Konsa was decent when used there for a couple of games, but you break up the central defensive partnership with Mings if you move him there. We saw under Bruce’s reign that Tuanzebe isn’t a right back. 

Seems madness to be letting Fred go. He played in a season where the whole team struggled. I’d really liked to have seen what he was capable of in the current set-up, with better quality around him. I saw enough of him to suggest he’s a decent player worth sticking with.

A major injury to Cash and we’re in trouble in that area.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

If he has gone to Fulham, then I do think that will be a good move for him, bad for us. They are attacking and forward thinking, top of the championship. Guilbert will shine in the championship, prpbably get promoted, sign with Fulham permanently and then show fans of other teams in the premier league that he is a decent modern full back. This is a mistake from us and it will come back to haunt us later in the season due to injury/suspension and lacking an attacking impetus i fear.

Or he does well for them in the Championship because they have a lot stronger team than everyone else. Then he gets promoted to the Prem, plays for them and like them shows the massive gap between the Premier League and Championship and nobody really pays any attention. 

Â