Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

38 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Mate, I think you're hyping up Kessler a bit too much here. He's currently playing at a league 2 side. To expect him to push Cash out of the team by next season seems incredibly premature. 

There's also the matter of I'm having some doubts whether he's really performing as well on loan as some people have said he is.

I didn't say he would push him out of the team by next season, but I see him doing so eventually if living up to the promise. Kessler and Chukwuemeka are the two from academy who have been the highest thought of from a long time now. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I didn't say he would push him out of the team by next season, but I see him doing so eventually if living up to the promise. Kessler and Chukwuemeka are the two from academy who have been the highest thought of from a long time now. 

You did in the loan thread. I was actually unsure whether that's what you meant and left it. Went and checked the loan thread and saw your post there and assumed that's what you must've meant. So went back and responded.

4 hours ago, Steero113 said:

How exactly do you prepare for the below any other way than how we actually did?

or 

or 

The only one of the points that you raised that we had any control over is the Gresford departure. We reacted to that by buying both Bailey and Ings, the latter has directly contributed to our 4 points so far. 

We've been unlucky due to circumstance. It's in the past now. Stop over analysing it. 

I'm not blaming anyone, just saying our preparations have been disrupted

42 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

You did in the loan thread. I was actually unsure whether that's what you meant and left it. Went and checked the loan thread and saw your post there and assumed that's what you must've meant. So went back and responded.

Yeah I don't mean initially next season, as in coming back and straight into the first team, or that he'd start more games than Cash. I mean by end of next season, he starts season as back up and ends it with a run of starts. So from beginning of the season after we would be saying hmm Kessler is no1 now. 

I think Chukwuemeka will be the same, getting a run of starts at the end of this season before being a regular starter next season. 

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

We have Cash, Young, Konsa and Tuanzebe who can all play there. Plus Kesler on loan. Best we move Guilbert on.

Clearly the club don't rate him so neither should we. He was brought to play in the championship but we somehow got promoted with a miraculous run of form. Time for him to move. 

Good luck to him, I really like Fred and his sliding tackles, it strikes me that he has been seen as the most expendable player to create space in the squad.  It doesnt necessarily mean he has upset anyone and I can see why he could be frustrated.  It's been inevitable that he won't be needed this season but he is still waiting to sort out where he is going.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

This. People seem confused, but a common them to Smith's time in charge is that once he's decided he doesn't rate or trust a player, that player has no way back (eg Hourihane, Kalinic and Engels are other examples that spring to mind).

To be honest, I'm with Smith. I find Guilbert very over-rated on this forum. My main impression of him was of a guy who was over-reliant on pace and photogenic tackles because his positioning was poor for this level. No problem with moving him on for me.

Except he is consistently in the top percentage of tackles, pressures and interceptions every season. 

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s nowhere near as good as Cash and he wants to leave rather than be number 2. What don’t people understand about that?

Because I think he has shown he is at least on par or better than Cash. Especially in attacking output. 

I'll be honest I really rate him, but it's clear his face doesn't fit so we just have to move on, and at the same time pray that Cash finds his from from last season and doesn't get injured.

19 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Except he is consistently in the top percentage of tackles, pressures and interceptions every season. 

I don't really know or care what the statistics say on this, because I think it's extremely clear just from watching them that Cash is significantly better.

2 hours ago, AV82 said:

We have Cash, Young, Konsa and Tuanzebe who can all play there. Plus Kesler on loan. Best we move Guilbert on.

Konsa is our starting CB, Tuanzebe and Young have played RB a handful of times in their career. I think it's a very peculiar move indeed that we've decided we shouldn't have someone fighting for Cash's spot in the first team, because neither of them are going to do it, they're emergency backups at best. 

Â