Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

I like the bit at the end when he tackles Neymar. Cut that short too. 

I highly doubt very much that we would buy a player without the capability to step up to Prem level. People worrying we got him with the championship in mind should also realise this. 

I think this lad will surprise a few people. He looks quick, strong and can also pick a pass out. He doesn't look like he will be easily outthought or outpaced down the flanks either.  I see the similar traits with Targett to be fair so cannot see why he will be less capable than any other RB we could have potentially signed this summer. He may well turn out to be a bargain of McGinn proportions in the not to distant future. 

IMO we wont need another RB.

23 hours ago, Wezbid said:

It looks like but the majority of full backs these days need to have the attributes of wing backs regardless of whether they're in a back 4 or 5. They're expected to attack like a winger and somehow be covering the opposition's winger at the same time. The thought of all that running makes me feel sick. 

I agree as its possibly the most exhausting position on the pitch like a yo yo. I would hate to play that one position on the field.

• 2 weeks later...

Good debut! Assist to boot. 

The guy has insane amounts of energy and pace. I almost felt like throwing up for him when he played the ball off and legged it half the pitch in seconds, only for us to lose the ball. 

He'll probably get caught out of position being so forward thinking but if the defence and midfield move to accommodate the runs then we have a real attacking threat from the back. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

The guy has insane amounts of energy and pace. I almost felt like throwing up for him when he played the ball off and legged it half the pitch in seconds, only for us to lose the ball. 

He'll probably get caught out of position being so forward thinking but if the defence and midfield move to accommodate the runs then we have a real attacking threat from the back. 

Imagine Soler with him in the same side? 😀

24 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Imagine Soler with him in the same side? 😀

What am I missing about Soler his returns are terrible and loves a yellow card. Other than that I know nothing about him

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Early days, but I almost forgot what a good fullback looks like. Huge improvement over Elmo and Hutton.

Elmo ain't that bad to be fair.

Note: Didn't say he was that good either, but....

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Elmo ain't that bad to be fair.

Note: Didn't say he was that good either, but....

Yeah I like Elmo. He's competent, intelligent even. But he's not that dynamic. This guy is the modern full back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

Reminds me of McGinn, if McGinn was a fullback...  McGuilbert???  Froggy McGinn???

He's no McGinn until he can adequately demonstrate how to headbutt the pitch.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Wezbid said:

The guy has insane amounts of energy and pace.

5 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He looks the nuts, poor opposition or otherwise. Best player on the pitch tonight IMO, He has that relentlessness about him which you want from a modern full back. 

The French Hutton has arrived.  :lol:

Â