Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

14 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Funnily enough I was in Caen a few months back for a weekend break.  It was bitterly cold, there was no hot water in our AirBNB and I endured underwhelming vegan pancakes from two separate establishments before finding a half-decent, honest-to-goodness crêpe drowned in butter and sugar.  We did go to the stadium for a spot of football tourism, but everything was closed.  I came to the conclusion that I probably wouldn't return to Caen anytime soon.

Now, do I know if Guilbert is any good or not?  No, no I don't but I do believe he'll be so comparatively enthralled by Birmingham that he'll probably work his chaussettes off.

I've been a couple of times and really like it.  William the Conqueror's castle is good, except for the fact I listened to the audioguide in French by mistake.  I thought it was a bit weird even having an audioguide for tourists without having an English version but I'd just pressed the wrong button.  Some decent restaurants in town too.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FrenchVillaLova said:

I'd say he's a solid, dynamic and technically sound fullback who can also contribute going forward.

Just like Hutton then :trollface:

2 hours ago, sne said:

Except Hutton didn't contribute when he went forward :D 

He's not a solid, dynamic and technically sound fullback either 😋

On 24/05/2019 at 23:15, FrenchVillaLova said:

I'd say he's a solid, dynamic and technically sound fullback who can also contribute going forward.

Most importantly he's a player who will improve with the right coaching. I remember seeing him at Bordeaux and he looked very average, now he's very much the standout player at Caen - his hometown club.

Caen fans rated him highly until he announced he'd be leaving in the summer.

In a nutshell: he's a good player in poor team.

You had me at dynamic! 

On 24/05/2019 at 23:15, FrenchVillaLova said:

Most importantly he's a player who will improve with the right coaching. I remember seeing him at Bordeaux and he looked very average, now he's very much the standout player at Caen - his hometown club.

Caen fans rated him highly until he announced he'd be leaving in the summer.

In a nutshell: he's a good player in poor team.

I remember when Newcastle were going through their phase of signing lots of French players a few years back. Debuchy was unknown to most in England really. Very good player he turned out to be.

On 20/05/2019 at 10:49, Merson08 said:

Its a relegation play off for Caen. There not down yet.

I wont lie, I am not sure how the relegation play off works in France but I presume its probably like Scotland. 

It's more cannae for Scotland I think 

• Haha 1

Â